• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Running

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    Drink, fast food etc are pleasures, running is not. It takes a special level of ignorance to push yourself to damage your body.
    and it isn't only joints and ligaments - Running in towns next to traffic means they huff and puff more vehicle exhaust, and cold air in winter, breathing it all in deeper. So they must knacker their lungs too before long.

Mad, quite mad
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Drink, fast food etc are pleasures, running is not.
      Could you please compile a definitive list of what things everyone else does and doesn't enjoy doing, it would be very helpful. I'll be sure to correct those people I know who enjoy running but other things would be good to know.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Could you please compile a definitive list of what things everyone else does and doesn't enjoy doing, it would be very helpful. I'll be sure to correct those people I know who enjoy running but other things would be good to know.
        How many people run per day vs how many eat fast food.

Comment

I don't know, why don't you go and ask them rather than saying foolish things?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I have now had to give up running. Hence my shortest distance will be a double ironman. Then I walk the run part.

Apparantly in the Marathon Des Sables (sp?) most competitors walk almost the entire way!

Comment

Obsessed, is what the lazy call the dedicated
              "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
              Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                and it isn't only joints and ligaments - Running in towns next to traffic means they huff and puff more vehicle exhaust, and cold air in winter, breathing it all in deeper. So they must knacker their lungs too before long.

Mad, quite mad
                Shows what you know about running.

If you are an idiot:
                1. You run next to the road all the time in heavy traffic,
                2. You run on pavements or roads all the time
                3. Run at the same time every day regardless of the weather so you over heat in the summer and risk dehydration, or freeze in the winter and risk slipping.
                4. Run with headphones on as loud as possible down busy streets

Sensible runners:
                1. Avoid running near traffic particularly heavy traffic
                2. Try and run off road as much as possible and do shorter distances on the road
                3. Take account of the weather and if training for an event move training times around
                4. Don't run with loud headphones particularly in the dark and avoid busy streets

Mind you I've nearly run over some idiots who decided it was a good idea to run in the road with their back towards the flow of cars wearing all black. Get me as cross as cyclists who you can't see.
                Last edited by SueEllen; 20 December 2013, 18:58.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I don't know, why don't you go and ask them rather than saying foolish things?
                  Ok let me put it another way, are there more McDonald's, kfc's, burger kings or running tracks I your area or nearest city. More people get pleasure out of fast food than they do out of running, if you don't think that's true then there is no hope for you.

Comment

Ok let me put it another way, are there more McDonald's, kfc's, burger kings or running tracks I your area or nearest city. More people get pleasure out of fast food than they do out of running, if you don't think that's true then there is no hope for you.
                    You can eat fast food and do plenty of exercise.

The diets of young non-serious amateur sports people can be really disgusting.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      You can eat fast food and do plenty of exercise.

The diets of young non-serious amateur sports people can be really disgusting.

Comment

Working...
                      X