• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Running

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Running"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Minestrone - have you started training yet? What is your fitness regime like at the moment? What are your training plans?

How many 100+ mile races are there in the UK? Will you be doing enduroman next year?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Going to apply for 2016, next year will be about getting a number of 100 milers to back up my application. it will probably take a few attempts to get in.

It will be a different race for sure, support crews drive close to the runners and fire ice cold water from super scooshers on them. I read Scott Jureks book 'eat and run', he won it a few times, I think he still has the record. This is him mid race on his first attempt in a bucket of ice.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    When I was doing the Inca Trail, they were talking about the Machu Picchu marathon. I thought of you both

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    "Globally recognized as the world's toughest foot race" - yeah right. Second toughest. MDS is the toughest. But once you have done Badwater perhaps you can up your game?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I never thought there would be someone on this site able to make BP look normal.

You are a very brave man...

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    *cough* AdventureCORPS Presents the Badwater 135 Official Website *cough*

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Brillo.

Job Done!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Out in the country today I found a husky standing over a dead deer in some woodland, crapped my pants as it was right next to me when first spotted and I initially thought it was a wolf, so I stood back for 5 mins trying to work out what to do. I then hear some faint whistling from over the horizon. So I jump into a field, run over a hill, across another field and down a path and find the farmer owner who is in a panic. Took her back to the dog who was still there over the dead deer. That concludes my running story for today.
    Ahhhhhhh.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Out in the country today I found a husky standing over a dead deer in some woodland, crapped my pants as it was right next to me when first spotted and I initially thought it was a wolf, so I stood back for 5 mins trying to work out what to do. I then hear some faint whistling from over the horizon. So I jump into a field, run over a hill, across another field and down a path and find the farmer owner who is in a panic. Took her back to the dog who was still there over the dead deer. That concludes my running story for today.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    I rather stupidly went out for a run with my brother is on R&R from Afghanistan on Thursday. Only did 5km, but I learnt a number of things: I'm not as fit as I thought, he's fitter than I thought and it's been a whike since I did a couple of miles at <8min/mile pace.

I think I prefer my 6 - 12mi plodding at 10min/mile pace.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Marathons must be very dull but running on country footpaths on a nice day is brill. Rainy yesterday so I bounced around for 35 mins to "Best of the Rolling Stones".

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Hate that strobe effect when running past trees with sun shining through it. Must get some running shades.
    In the market for something like that, low sun can be pretty dangerous when running.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Stupidly went out wearing a pair of thick cotton leggings under my shorts, started to rain and they got soaked. Was like wearing ice jeans for the next 3 hours.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    When is it going to get warmer and stop raining?
    Nice and sunny here today. Made running ankle deep in sludge so much more pleasant.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    When is it going to get warmer and stop raining?
    I nearly got sun-blindness doing helsby half marathon a few weeks back.

Hate that strobe effect when running past trees with sun shining through it. Must get some running shades.

qh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X