• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smug again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    No, the height of the gates at Bree would be a detail. Sam's unwavering loyalty to Frodo and Frodo's continued defiance and resilience were major themes that were messed with, that isn't detail, to give just a couple of examples.
    Well I don't think they were messed with. To me the characters were depicted pretty well.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Well I don't think they were messed with. To me the characters were depicted pretty well.
      Well all I can say is Faramir, ultimate good guy to git.

Comment

Maybe you watched a different film to me
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Or read a different book.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
                No, the height of the gates at Bree would be a detail. Sam's unwavering loyalty to Frodo and Frodo's continued defiance and resilience were major themes that were messed with, that isn't detail, to give just a couple of examples.

I think it was the screwing about with the characters that annoyed me most. Although that stupid ending to the battle of the Pellenor fields irked me no end.

I think I had better give the Hobbit a miss.
                Films are films and books are books. I found LOTR worked as films. Jackson was attempting to make movies that appeal to a wide audience, not just a few die-hard Tolkein fans who will moan about any changes. On that basis I think he has succeeded.

I wasn't expecting a faithful portrayal of the books, but what I found was sufficient to satisfy me as a Tolkein fan. Sure, characterisation and plot gets changed, but overall it had the feel of the stories - as does The Hobbit. The representation of the place of Middle Earth is excellecnt.

If you want to see a film where they've completely screwed with the plot, try Earthsea. They cast a white boy as Ged ffs.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                X