• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smug again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    The stuff about Azog was what annoyed me most about the last one. Trying to set up some great good vs evil battle that just wasn't there in the book and is superfluous to the story. I did enjoy the film to an extent, but it was marred by the unnecessary changes.

You can't let go of being precious about the book! Sounds like I am going to be really peed off when I watch the next one if they make that many changes
    ah, er yes. i was maddened by azog in film 1. he's dead fer chrisakes!

oh dear. you're going to hate the changes in 2 because there's a warehouse full of them.

still a great spectacle though. go on! you can't beat a bit of middle earth. smaug is most magnificent.

Comment

The stuff about Azog was what annoyed me most about the last one. Trying to set up some great good vs evil battle that just wasn't there in the book and is superfluous to the story. I did enjoy the film to an extent, but it was marred by the unnecessary changes.
      Oh good point, I'd forgotten about that stuff

Comment

I never saw the first one. I got so pissed off with the unnecessary changes made to LOTR that I never felt any enthusiasm for The Hobbit. Sounds like I shall need to continue my boycott.

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
          I never saw the first one. I got so pissed off with the unnecessary changes made to LOTR that I never felt any enthusiasm for The Hobbit. Sounds like I shall need to continue my boycott.
          LotR was a pretty faithful adaptation
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Heard a few people say Gravity was worth a watch, will have to try and check it out. Not seen the Hobbit yet and am fairly unmoved by it so far. Too many changes in the first episode for my liking. They shouldn't have added new tulip to it and just done it as two movies. But that wouldn't have made as much cash would it
            Honest Trailers summed the first one up in four seconds (3:00 onwards)

You can read the book quicker than you can watch the film trilogy.
            I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              LotR was a pretty faithful adaptation
              WHS. There was stuff missed out but what was there was pretty accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                There was stuff added that wasn't in the book, IIRC. Which if you are going to cut bits out seems daft.

Or maybe that was Harry Potter. Or maybe both. I get so confused these days.
                I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  Pah!
                  Aragorn attacked by Wargs & falling off a cliff
                  The ghost's attack saving Minas Tirith
                  Faramir becoming almost the opposite of what he is in the book
                  Frodo rejecting Sam and Sam turning back on the stairs of Cirith Ungol
                  Eomer being banished and so not at Helm's Deep
                  An army of elves turning up at Helm's Deep

There's a few for you.

Comment

Details.
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

what I always wondered

if the two hobbits were airlifted out so easily

why were they not dropped in whilst the nazgul were on foot.

it would have saved sooo much trouble
                      (\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X