• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor till I die - last invoice now posted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    I hate to post this but as the person who introduced Doodab (Mark) to this forum and after having worked with him for 18 months I found out this morning from his family that he passed away Tuesday 24th June.

RIP mate, you will be sadly missed.
    That was quick in the end, but that's probably the best way out.

Thanks for letting us know.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      That was quick in the end, but that's probably the best way out.

Thanks for letting us know.
      Just reread Chef's post so he passed a week ago today. I guess it was better to go out quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
        Just reread Chef's post so he passed a week ago today. I guess it was better to go out quickly.
        Indeed, only 4 days after he was posting about getting into the hospice so I assume a very sudden downturn. After my own father's gradual deterioration I think doodab's way is much to be preferred in that situation.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Haven't really posted in this thread as I lost my dad a few years ago in similar circumstances and didn't want to spread any gloom.

RIP Doodab.

Wherever you end up, try and get them to let you work from home now and again.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

For the godless, as I think doodab was:

I'll be looking for you, Will, every moment, every single moment. And when we do find each other again, we'll cling together so tight that nothing and no one'll ever tear us apart. Every atom of me and every atom of you...We'll live in birds and flowers and dragonflies and pin trees and in clouds and in those little specks of light you see floating in sunbeams...And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won't just be able to take one, they'll have to take two, one of you and one of me, we'll be joined so tight...
            The Amber Spyglass
            Philip Pullman
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

I hate to post this but as the person who introduced Doodab (Mark) to this forum and after having worked with him for 18 months I found out this morning from his family that he passed away Tuesday 24th June.

tulip. That's just awful. Thanks for letting us know though.

RIP
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Contractor till I die - last invoice now posted

Nothing more can be said other than live life as if each day is your last, hug your kids and hope you're still here in the morning.

RIP Mark
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Nothing more can be said other than live life as if each day is your last, hug your kids and hope you're still here in the morning.

RIP Mark
                  I always got the impression he did exactly that, and right he was.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Incredibly sad news

Comment

RIP Mark. Condolences to your friends and family.

Comment

Working...
                      X