• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain hysterical over immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    The conspiracy theory argument that neatly avoids the need to produce evidence. The refuge of the bigot
    Quite.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Some industrials like my clientco are now employing Indian techies and engineers in much more high level functions because;

a) they have the skills
      b) they understand the needs of customers in a growing market like India

Obviously it's a different sector to the finance firms in London and in different sectors you see different patterns.

Unfortunately I think that some people are struggling with the idea that the economic power in the world is shifting. We can disagree about the speed at which it's shifting, but it does seem to be shifting.
      I dont worry about "economic power shifting".

I do worry about some classes of worker in this country being able to work here paying significantly less tax than locals. I do worry about people who have not paid in abusing our public services, schools, hospitals, and so on.

I do think the UK is a small country which cannot possible survive ongoing high levels of immigration from much lower cost base economies.

I do worry about laws and regulations being applied differently to Brits and to people and organisations from other countries who seem to be able to break the rules and get away with it constantly.

I do worry about the corruption, racism, IP theft, bullying, harrasment, indentured servitude, tax avoiding, data protection law breaking, and so on which is widespread in some of the workforces we import.

Comment

OK, so in your view the BBC puts across views that do not reflect your own and doesn't put across the views that you hold. Maybe it does, but that's very different to 'suppressing' other views.
        Its not my own views I am worried about. Its the views of the majority. By the BBC's own admission they have been responsible for categorising and dismissing anyone with concerns about immigration for years, as for example racist. It was in their trusts report, even they admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post

I do worry about some classes of worker in this country being able to work here paying significantly less tax than locals. I do worry about people who have not paid in abusing our public services, schools, hospitals, and so on.
          This is not a problem of immigration; this is a problem of poor tax and social security legislation.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Its not my own views I am worried about. Its the views of the majority. By the BBC's own admission they have been responsible for categorising and dismissing anyone with concerns about immigration for years, as for example racist. It was in their trusts report, even they admit it.
            So don't watch the Beeb. Watch some other channel or read some other newspaper; I doubt whethere they'll be so open about their own bias, but never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              In other words, your government, your right-wing political parties and your scurrilous facist press are once again lying to you in order to further their own agenda. As The Who once said "Won't get fooled again", sadly you are...
              'Your'?

You seem to know nothing about the UK government. Many wish it was right-wing, instead of middle-of-the-road politicians that don't want to upset anyone.

And you seem to know nothing about the immigration issue in the UK. The sudden influx of millions of people has given us an over-population problem. How often do you use UK public services, use UK public transport, commute on the roads, tried to buy a house, or even competed for a job with Indians or eastern Europeans for whom the minimum wage is a fortune back home?

People here don't want to kick them all out or anything as extreme. But they do want tighter immigration controls re-established after, as even former Labour ministers are now freely admitting was a big mistake, Blair's goverment lost them.

Comment

I do think the UK is a small country which cannot possible survive ongoing high levels of immigration from much lower cost base economies.

I do worry about laws and regulations being applied differently to Brits and to people and organisations from other countries who seem to be able to break the rules and get away with it constantly.

I do worry about the corruption, racism, IP theft, bullying, harrasment, indentured servitude, tax avoiding, data protection law breaking, and so on which is widespread in some of the workforces we import.
                Stop looking at the news then
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  'Your'?

You seem to know nothing about the UK government. Many wish it was right-wing, instead of middle-of-the-road politicians that don't want to upset anyone.
                  If not for so many of those people voting UKIP they might have got a conservative majority instead of a compromise coalition of libdems and tories.

Comment

This is not a problem of immigration; this is a problem of poor tax and social security legislation.
                    not entirely because such things are embedded within agreements between the EU and India. agreements which will not much affect Germany or France as there is a natural language barrier since most educated Indian naitonals speak English and not other European languages.

Comment

Labour 'sent out search parties for immigrants', Lord Mandelson admits - Telegraph

Immigration and the EU: BBC bias at its most blatant – Telegraph Blogs

Media's immigration bias is 'deeply self-serving, not accidental' - Madison immigration policy | Examiner.com

I include the mail link because it quotes a BBC Director directly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...--changed.html
                      Last edited by vetran; 29 November 2013, 10:42.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X