• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who Said Law was boring?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    He is probably putting legal profession into disrepute
    very difficult

love the Avatar!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      So.... being a bit of a simple straight talking northern bloke.... Who got the flat and range rover?
      The Lawyers of course!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        He is probably putting legal profession into disrepute
        Not possible.

Comment

He looks like a Hollywood Milliband.

I think the summary judgement was that the house, and car, was gifted to her, so HMRC can't touch it, if he lives for another 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
            He looks like a Hollywood Milliband.

I think the summary judgement was that the house, and car, was gifted to her, so HMRC can't touch it, if he lives for another 6 years.
            Summary judgement != final judgement. He can continue to a full trial but based on the Judge's comments in the summary judgement he would be mad to continue the case...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Summary judgement != final judgement. He can continue to a full trial but based on the Judge's comments in the summary judgement he would be mad to continue the case...
              No, I get that, but I think evidence provided stated they were gifts, so in HMRC's case, he has to live for 6 years. So, his pretrial says he stuffed, and a main one probably would too, as you said!

Either way, good work darling!

Comment

Stop using non-ANSI SQL.

Comment

And a cracking bit of understatement by the judge from earlier in the document gives an idea of what his decision will be:

...but I am not prepared to conclude on the present state of the evidence that Miss Eustace's evidence should be rejected and that Mr Baxendale-Walker's should be accepted on all points on which they are in dispute. On the contrary, it seems to me on the basis of the material provided so far that there is likely to be fertile ground for cross-examination on both sides, and that the case may well look rather different at the end of a trial from the way in which it appears today.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                  X