• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple's new strategic direction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    Isn't there a Apple conference this month? Maybe we will see something new.
    Unless we get the new Mac Pro, probably only product refresh.

Apple are biding their time waiting to see what the next opportunity is. As Nick said, these things don't come along every year and people have to be at the right point of receptiveness.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Several flawed premises in there. Stick do the day job. Poor analysis.
      Why don't you tell what Apple will release next then
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Being first isn't the point, being actually useful is the point. The Samsung basically doesn't do anything:
        the Galaxy Gear's main use is to notify you of happenings on your phone

IBM sensibly sold its laptop division to Lenovo when it became clear that it couldn't make money / compete. Seems they might do the same with their Intel server line too. What's the point in trying to compete in a market where you know you'll lose / are losing? Apple sensibly decided to focus on its core strengths instead of competing with HP/Dell.

Several flawed premises in there. Stick do the day job. Poor analysis.

In your opinion. While it's unlikely (in my opinion) that Apple would go into those markets, if they could produce a top-end innovative and easy to use product, why not? Have you seen this:
        Apple iPod creator releases smoke alarm | Associated News

My advice to anyone who doesn't like their products, thinks their strategy is bad or says they are overpriced is simple: don't buy Apple. What's the problem? What's the constant need to say "yours in crap therefore mine is better".
        The fanboi is strong in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
          Why don't you tell what Apple will release next then
          Because I don't know and am not prepared to make silly guesses based on flawed thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Unless we get the new Mac Pro, probably only product refresh.

Apple are biding their time waiting to see what the next opportunity is. As Nick said, these things don't come along every year and people have to be at the right point of receptiveness.
            Mac Pro? Wasn't that already announced? Is that the round black bin computer?

How about iRing a device you wear on your finger.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
              The fanboi is strong in this one.
              Ha ha not so actually. I don't even own a Mac.

If you think that anyone who argues against a poorly constructed argument is a fanboi, then you're a moron.

Comment

Working...
              X