• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crimewatch - Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's speling bee's view on this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      These two statements are consistent.

So they are responsible for leaving their children unaccompanied but only to the same extent as every other parent who has left their children in a similar way? They are not responsible in any way for the abduction?
      Yes, that is an accurate assessment of my position - although if you wanted to be particularly picky you could probably change 'children' to be 'similarly aged children'.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        Yes, that is an accurate assessment of my position - although if you wanted to be particularly picky you could probably change 'children' to be 'similarly aged children'.
        So does someone who drives carelessly bear the same level of responsibility as someone who causes death by careless driving?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          What's speling bee's view on this thread?
          Excellent apostrophe usage.
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

So does someone who drives carelessly bear the same level of responsibility as someone who causes death by careless driving?
            And if so, do they deserve the same punishment?

Comment

No, you idiot!! The hyena is to blame for not coming to collect her.
              Feminism must take some blame.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                And if so, do they deserve the same punishment?
                And is that a £100 fine and 6 points on the licence or 2 years in the chokey?

Comment

I would have to think about that analogy as it does not feel like it fits. First you would need to clarify exactly which way each person was driving and exactly how the death was caused.

Comment

I would have to think about that analogy as it does not feel like it fits. First you would need to clarify exactly which way each person was driving and exactly how the death was caused.
                    Person A is not driving carefully on main road in town because he's adjusting his sunglasses in the rear view mirror. Nobody walks out in front of him and no harm done.

Person B is not driving carefully on main road in town because he's adjusting his sunglasses in the rear view mirror and a child walks out in front of him and because he is not looking properly he does not break in time and kills the child.

Comment

If I choose to go to the pub and knowingly leave my electric fire on in the house and it causes a fire because I was not there to look after it, would you consider me to be in any way responsible for the damage caused to my neighbours house?

Comment

Working...
                      X