• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More underhand tactics by an Indian Firm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We would not let unqualified Indian workers in the country to put down the foundations for our buildings but we let them manage the countries IT infrastructure.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      We would not let unqualified Indian workers in the country to put down the foundations for our buildings but we let them manage the countries IT infrastructure.
      Property = Capital Asset

IT = Cost to business

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
        There are some pretty big disasters here in the UK. NHS, HMRC, BBC all pretty recent and mainly on-shore projects. Mostly caused by poor management or poor requirements.
        Lool yeah - because our current exec seem to think that they do not get enough out of the IT team so we all have to do action cycles (which is like - agree you are going to do something, do it, then agree it has been done so far so good?)

Anyway the first part is (and I quote)

"The Customer is the person requesting a piece of work. The customer needs to know exactly what needs doing before they make a request'

So does anyone think this is going to go well?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Lool yeah - because our current exec seem to think that they do not get enough out of the IT team so we all have to do action cycles (which is like - agree you are going to do something, do it, then agree it has been done so far so good?)

Anyway the first part is (and I quote)

"The Customer is the person requesting a piece of work. The customer needs to know exactly what needs doing before they make a request'

So does anyone think this is going to go well?

Did he used to work at IBM because that is their get out clause.......
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
            Property = Capital Asset

IT = Cost to business
            Liability is a liability though.

We do need a total disaster to happen before this problem gets addressed, as has been said an unrecoverable feck up of monumental proportions that brings in a public inquiry where the IT business decisions get analysed. I though RBS was going to be it but they recovered and bulltulipted their way out of it. Until then keep invoicing and keep the bob jokes on high.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Did he used to work at IBM because that is their get out clause.......
              Nope!

BUT we do have IBM on site as consultants on another piece of work so would not suprise me if this is where it came from.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Nope!

BUT we do have IBM on site as consultants on another piece of work so would not suprise me if this is where it came from.
                Oh deary, deary me...

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Liability is a liability though.

We do need a total disaster to happen before this problem gets addressed, as has been said an unrecoverable feck up of monumental proportions that brings in a public inquiry where the IT business decisions get analysed. I though RBS was going to be it but they recovered and bulltulipted their way out of it. Until then keep invoicing and keep the bob jokes on high.
                  It's too late for that. We don't have enough qualified people in the uk to provide the skill set if it was required

Comment

It's too late for that. We don't have enough qualified people in the uk to provide the skill set if it was required

Ignore that and think of the days rates.

Comment

Oh deary, deary me...
                      Indeed already spent 5 Million and so far we have more useless documentation than you can shake a stick at ...

only trying to make a basic website to sell a few products...

:sigh:

Comment

Working...
                      X