• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "More underhand tactics by an Indian Firm"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Hands up all those who have Software developed in India on their laptop.

Hands up all those who have Software developed in Britain on their laptop.
    The software developed on this current laptop has been developed around the world including Britain and India.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Hands up all those who have Software developed in India on their laptop.

Hands up all those who have Software developed in Britain on their laptop.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Just like the explicit sexism that male Indian workers exhibit towards me.

Funnily enough half of the non-Indian guys notice it before I do.......
    I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry when the cleaner, who is a lovely Indian lady in her 50's referred to a colleague who is only 23 as Mr Singh. This is in an american organisation where even the CEO likes to be called by his first name.

I mean even the VP Europe is on first name terms with the cleaners.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by aoxomoxoa View Post
    FTFY. The implicit racism exhibited by many on this board w/r/t to Indians is repellent IMO.
    Fair point. But I don't think the majority believe that someone is incompetent because they're Indian. The offshoring model makes communication difficult, and arse covering and seeing lack of understanding as a weakness seems to be a feature of that model. We all make mistakes, but we're more likely to make them if we're out of our depth, afraid to ask for help for being seen as incompetent, and the consequences of those mistakes are compounded if we're even more afraid to come clean when we have made them

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    FTFY. The explicit racism exhibited by many on this board w/r/t to Indians is repellent IMO.
    Just like the explicit sexism that male Indian workers exhibit towards me.

Funnily enough half of the non-Indian guys notice it before I do.......

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    FTFY. The implicit racism exhibited by many on this board w/r/t to Indians is repellent IMO.
    How can you fix something that is not wrong? Everyone and their dog knows the fault started In India despite what their chairman says.

Leave a comment:

• aoxomoxoa
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The root cause is that an incompetent technician fooked up.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
    RBS was not an "outsourcing thing", or even an "Indian thing" it was an "incompetence thing", where nearly everyone who screwed up was British.

The true root cause of RBS problems were that IT management was detached from IT, they are "business people", they were too smug to get their hands dirty with actual technology or even talking to the oily rags who made the system go (or stop).

You get that problem if the IT is on a different *floor*, not just a different country.
    The root cause is that an Indian technician fooked up.

Leave a comment:

• Dominic Connor
    replied
    Liability is a liability though.

We do need a total disaster to happen before this problem gets addressed, as has been said an unrecoverable feck up of monumental proportions that brings in a public inquiry where the IT business decisions get analysed. I though RBS was going to be it but they recovered and bulltulipted their way out of it. Until then keep invoicing and keep the bob jokes on high.
    RBS was not an "outsourcing thing", or even an "Indian thing" it was an "incompetence thing", where nearly everyone who screwed up was British.

The true root cause of RBS problems were that IT management was detached from IT, they are "business people", they were too smug to get their hands dirty with actual technology or even talking to the oily rags who made the system go (or stop).

You get that problem if the IT is on a different *floor*, not just a different country.

Leave a comment:

• Dominic Connor
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Wasn't the forums resident hack interested in this? Or is it again a case of once a pimp always a pimp and never going through with something
    I do need some of these "fact" things that seem so popular nowadays.

Got any ?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Indeed already spent 5 Million and so far we have more useless documentation than you can shake a stick at ...

only trying to make a basic website to sell a few products...

:sigh:
    Kerching!

looked at our project deck, of the ones not in validation the average length of the project > 1 year.

this is for adding a report or text to a form

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Oh deary, deary me...
    Indeed already spent 5 Million and so far we have more useless documentation than you can shake a stick at ...

only trying to make a basic website to sell a few products...

:sigh:

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    It's too late for that. We don't have enough qualified people in the uk to provide the skill set if it was required

Ignore that and think of the days rates.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Liability is a liability though.

We do need a total disaster to happen before this problem gets addressed, as has been said an unrecoverable feck up of monumental proportions that brings in a public inquiry where the IT business decisions get analysed. I though RBS was going to be it but they recovered and bulltulipted their way out of it. Until then keep invoicing and keep the bob jokes on high.
    It's too late for that. We don't have enough qualified people in the uk to provide the skill set if it was required

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Nope!

BUT we do have IBM on site as consultants on another piece of work so would not suprise me if this is where it came from.
    Oh deary, deary me...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X