• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice Needed - Student Son's housemate threatening violence !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Oh MP, and there's me thinking you were flirting...
    My comment to SueEllen was in reference to Red Sauce.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
      Make sure you don't get caught, and you don't do it yourself.

I am not convinced we are hearing the full story, maybe the student in question should have done his dishes. IF the OP's son has been reported to the police then i am sure he is not whiter-than-white as being portrayed.
      No smoke without fire hey?

You may be right but the OP is normally fairly level headed, i have seen the "get the first accusation in" trick done a few times.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        It's even worse. Mrs OG is a University Lecturer and the students are now v. keen on value for money for their £9 p.a. fees. They complain to the Faculty if their emails are not replied to in a timely manner.
        If it were £9 p.a. everyone would be much happier.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          Your defence against the criminal assault or even ABH/GBH charges in this scenario is?
          And he'd know that how? I wasn't planning on anyone announcing their names as they beat them up, merely informing them that X had friends you didn't piss about with.

I maintain, it wouldn't happen to my kids.

Jesus, there are far many way; put tulip in his bed, steal his course notes and burn them, throw his tulip out the windows, make HIS life hell.

**** a duck, we're talking about 2 kids against 1 here. A bit of backbone wouldn't be amiss. I notice the usual chorus of disapproval from the noodle armed choir boys in amongst us, but seriously, show some steel and this doesn't happen.

MF wouldn't need to use his fists, well, only by eating all their food and then boring them to death.
          Last edited by Old Hack; 25 September 2013, 08:28.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            My comment to SueEllen was in reference to Red Sauce.
            Sorry MP, I was being facetious.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              Sorry MP, I was being facetious.
              Yes. A facetious, aggressive arsehole.

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by old hack View Post
                and he'd know that how? I wasn't planning on anyone announcing their names as they beat them up, merely informing them that x had friends you didn't piss about with.

I maintain, it wouldn't happen to my kids.

Jesus, there are far many way; put tulip in his bed, steal his course notes and burn them, throw his tulip out the windows, make his life hell.

**** a duck, we're talking about 2 kids against 1 here. A bit of backbone wouldn't be amiss. I notice the usual chorus of disapproval from the noodle armed choir boys in amongst us, but seriously, show some steel and this doesn't happen.

Mf wouldn't need to use his fists, well, only by eating all their food and then boring them to death.
                the police are involved, this is now very risky, do no mess about with machismo!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  Yes. A facetious, aggressive arsehole.

Oh dear, why don't you just pop down the docks, I am sure someone will take pity and do you, even with a bag over your fat head.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    the police are involved, this is now very risky, do no mess about with machismo![/size]
                    none of the flat mates need to know who gives him a kicking.

Jesus H, I fear for the future of this country if a couple of noodle armed choir boys can't sort their first adult spat out.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      Anyone been in this situation? Any landlords out there?

Only 2 weeks into a joint tenancy (3 students sharing a house) one of the tenant's antisocial behaviour has already reached the stage where there are threats of violence and the police have become involved, e.g. "it's your turn to do the washing up" escalated to the problem person getting a mate round threatening to do violence to the other two (my son and one other), and his mother reporting my son and the other to the police for bullying

My advice to my son was involve (1) Police, (2) Landlord, (3) Student's Union

Anyone got any other or better (legal) suggestions?
                      I would not class myself as particularly timid but I before your son and whomever else is involved it is important to take stock of how much of a nutjob this guy (and his friend that he invited over) is? If he is suddenly beaten to a pulp is he likely to come over drunk with half a dozen friends and a knife?

I witnessed, many years ago back in South Wales, what happened when a guy came out of prison after serving a few months for assault. He beat his previous accuser to pulp again and then dragged him into the car park, took his shoes off and slashed the soles of his feet with a Stanley knife. This time the guy did not call the police.

Seriously, never mind the 'balls of steel' some people will have when they are not involved there are some dangerous people around so make sure your son does not do anything stupid unless he has the temperament to be vicious

How do they know this guy?
                      Was he a friend previously?
                      How often does he get nasty? Was it just one argument that got out of hand?
                      Who is this mate that he called around to do the threatening, it sounds a little odd to call someone around for that. Are you sure this is the correct story (not calling your son a liar just being aware of the Chinese whisper effect)?
                      Who actually owns the house? Does the SU have any actual influence?
                      Do they have anyone else who could move in? If so then the landlord *might* be happy to ask this guy to leave.
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X