• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice Needed - Student Son's housemate threatening violence !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time he learned to be a grown up and resolve conflicts?

Why is he living with this person?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

First thing make sure the Police have it correct, he has got the first accusation in. That is recorded and if unchallenged will bite your son in the butt later. You want it clear who the scrote is and agreed by the police. The threats and violence then straight to police suggest this isn't this guys / families first Rodeo.

Not sure how but I suggest a word with the family lawyer / Solicitor.

How do I get free advice? | Take Legal Advice UK

Friend of ours who was having some problems, in the middle of divorce etc got in an argument with the lady upstairs who was a lot odd and whose kids were constantly in trouble. The woman from upstairs accused her of hitting her kid (not something I would expect of her) called the Police and she got a caution despite denying it.

Get a statement from the other guy.

Get him out before it escalates.

Good luck!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
        If he is at uni then I am guessing he is at least 18, so tell him to get a can of man-up and deal with it himself and not go running to mummy and daddy.
        That's an absurd statement, it's obviously his first time away from home and he's had the good sense to ask advice.

If there have been threats of violence and the rozzers involved then it's clear something needs to be done and in a way to maintain the legal upper hand, the SU and student welfare people at the Uni will have come across similar situations before, I'd make those my 1st 2 ports of call if I was the lad.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          The "little" boy's mother will just ensure her son goes to the police and the son and the other housemate will get at least cautioned by the police. She has gone to the police already so don't expect her to change her tune.
          Never accept a caution, it's an admission of guilt and can affect things like security clearance later on.

Better to fight it in the courts, at least you have better than the 0% chance of being innocent with a caution
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Not sure how but I suggest a word with the family lawyer / Solicitor.
            Bloody hell how middle class can you get!
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Bloody hell how middle class can you get!
              you don't have one?

INKSPE!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Life is too short and shorter still when you need the focus for study.
                Life with 'focus for study' sounds more like it's too bloody long. I spent the best part of three years womanising, playing rugby and getting plastered at the taxpayer's expense and nobody ever said anything about 'needing the focus for study'.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Life with 'focus for study' sounds more like it's too bloody long. I spent the best part of three years womanising, playing rugby and getting plastered at the taxpayer's expense and nobody ever said anything about 'needing the focus for study'.
                  That explains a lot

Never was much of a party chap. When I was 14 my bedroom looked like this:

By the time I was 18 I tried to build a particle accelerator but an adult stopped me energising the waveguide I removed from an old microwave, pah, parents.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    Don't feed the twattish trolls Suze.
                    Oh MP, and there's me thinking you were flirting...

At the end of the day, people who deal in violence, rarely understand anything other than violence. You're empowering him by being scared, that's how bullies feed. This wouldn't happen to my kids, it just wouldn't. It would be sorted out very quickly. Seriously, just you and a couple of friends, get hold of the little bastard, beat the tulip out of him and tell him it stops or the beatings don't. It would stop very quickly. Don't tell your kid you're doing it, keep him offline, just make sure the little tulip moves out.

As I said, if he's a bully, which it appears, just letting him run riot, is empowering him.
                    Last edited by Old Hack; 24 September 2013, 23:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Start recording incidents. Line up a mate to replace the trouble maker.
                      Pay big ex con to live in the flat for a bit instead of your son - that should teach the bully a lesson.

Comment

Working...
                      X