• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice Needed - Student Son's housemate threatening violence !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Life with 'focus for study' sounds more like it's too bloody long. I spent the best part of three years womanising, playing rugby and getting plastered at the taxpayer's expense and nobody ever said anything about 'needing the focus for study'.
    Natch and ditto.

I don't think I remember my first first year, and not much of the second too...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
      Oh MP, and there's me thinking you were flirting...

At the end of the day, people who deal in violence, rarely understand anything other than violence. You're empowering him by being scared, that's how bullies feed. This wouldn't happen to my kids, it just wouldn't. It would be sorted out very quickly. Seriously, just you and a couple of friends, get hold of the little bastard, beat the tulip out of him and tell him it stops or the beatings don't. It would stop very quickly. Don't tell your kid you're doing it, keep him offline, just make sure the little tulip moves out.

As I said, if he's a bully, which it appears, just letting him run riot, is empowering him.
      Your defence against the criminal assault or even ABH/GBH charges in this scenario is?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        Your defence against the criminal assault or even ABH/GBH charges in this scenario is?
        Insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Life with 'focus for study' sounds more like it's too bloody long. I spent the best part of three years womanising, playing rugby and getting plastered at the taxpayer's expense and nobody ever said anything about 'needing the focus for study'.
          And this is the bit that's changed. If you're going to start your adult life with 50K of debt, it's good to feel you've got value for money. University got a lot more serious.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            University got a lot more serious.
            Where is the fun in that?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I wouldn't worry. It'll never happen. Old Hack couldn't beat an egg.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Make sure you don't get caught, and you don't do it yourself.

I am not convinced we are hearing the full story, maybe the student in question should have done his dishes. IF the OP's son has been reported to the police then i am sure he is not whiter-than-white as being portrayed.

Comment

Shoot the cops probably. What a class A moron.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

And this is the bit that's changed. If you're going to start your adult life with 50K of debt, it's good to feel you've got value for money. University got a lot more serious.
                    Yes I know; I don't envy young people who are studying now; aside from not getting grants, they'll spend most of their working lives paying the interest on the great borrowing frenzy of the last 20-odd years.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It's even worse. Mrs OG is a University Lecturer and the students are now v. keen on value for money for their £9 p.a. fees. They complain to the Faculty if their emails are not replied to in a timely manner.

Comment

Working...
                      X