• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fitness drive 2013 - update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I've heard this though only with the same level of trustworthiness as other dietary fads

Breakfast
    Elevenses
    Lunch
    Afternoon tea
    Dinner

I could go for that diet
    That was the traditional middle class diet pattern for most of the last two centuries, yet there was no obesity epidemic as there is now. Its all about what you burn as much as what you eat.
    The local Tesco, which I avoid, is full of obese people who've driven a mile to buy doughnuts.
    Seriously a few weeks ago I saw a bloke, can't have been more than 17, who needed a wheelchair because he was so obese at the doughnut counter. I almost said something and vowed never to go to the place again.
    Last edited by sasguru; 18 September 2013, 08:23.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I was out running a while ago and an obese woman on a mobility cart passed me by eating a Greggs steak bake. "who's the feckin idiot here? me or you?" I wanted to shout.

It does have to be remembered that some folk are obese and overweight due to medical conditions though
      Last edited by minestrone; 18 September 2013, 08:42.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I was out running a while ago and an obese woman on a mobility cart passed me by eating a Greggs stake bake. "who's the feckin idiot here? me or you?" I wanted to shout.
        I know the feeling.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

It does have to be remembered that some folk are obese and overweight due to medical conditions though
          Only a tiny percentage as I'm sure your missus will tell you.
          D'you remember that case about the GP who got into trouble because he told his obese patient "There were no fat people in the concentration camps"? She reported him, rather than take the perfectly valid message on board.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            That moped must be struggling.
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Only a tiny percentage as I'm sure your missus will tell you.
              D'you remember that case about the GP who got into trouble because he told his obese patient "There were no fat people in the concentration camps"? She reported him, rather than take the perfectly valid message on board.
              Dr Josef Mengele?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I saw three of those this morning!
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I was out running a while ago and an obese woman on a mobility cart passed me by eating a Greggs steak bake. "who's the feckin idiot here? me or you?" I wanted to shout.
                  Yeah, you idiot.

I do love a Steak Bake.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I had 3 prongs to my get fit campaign for 2013:

1. Cut out stimulants/poisons - no coffee, no alcohol
                    2. Diet: 5 a day, every day
                    3. At least 30 minutes intense exercise, every day

I've succeeded roughly with 2 and 3, I think. It helps to work from home.
                    I drink only on special occasions now i.e. about twice a month and never to excess (no alcohol at all was a bit much I think )
                    I only drink tea now.

Have to say, it works. Have more energy, am far fitter than I have been for a while, lost half a stone which puts me at roughly my 18 year old weight (was always slim).
                    Onwards and upwards.

Next step is to break that 5km/30 minutes barrier I'm stuck at.
                    While others are doing enduroman, slateman, the brutal etcetc. you will soon be able to do flowerman and marshmallow man. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      Yeah, you idiot.

I do love a Steak Bake.
                      And you'd look well daft eating it while running.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X