• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fitness drive 2013 - update"

Collapse

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    That moped must be struggling.
    You laugh, but this bear of a man works at our nearest local, he must be 26, 27 stone and be about 6'6", a real giant of a bloke. We see him every morning riding the tiniest of mopeds, complete with L plates, on the way to work. Even after seeing him at least 50 times, I still piss myself at the sight of it.

If you're fit and healthy anyway, you can, effectively, eat and drink what you like. It's about keeping your metabolism working well.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I've been playing squash for 25 years and so its usually the other person doing the running around
    But I also get your point, since I did the running on top I've suffered 2 back spasms and knee pain.
    I enjoy the squash but something's got to give.
    Your patella most likely!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    25 years of squash = swingball

Dont let your knees go like brillo. On yer bike and aqua aerobics for you ..... got access to a rowing machine?
    Looking at the photos on BP's blog, I think his knees might have gone due to the curvature of his legs. He might be fine at cycling and swimming, but I get the impression he wasn't born to be a runner.

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    I've been playing squash for 25 years and so its usually the other person doing the running around
    But I also get your point, since I did the running on top I've suffered 2 back spasms and knee pain.
    25 years of squash = swingball

Dont let your knees go like brillo. On yer bike and aqua aerobics for you ..... got access to a rowing machine?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Sas demonstrates his athletic prowess to the ladies.

If you're fit enough to do that in your 70s/80s, you've done something right.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Sas demonstrates his athletic prowess to the ladies.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    You can just run but you play squash at the weekend?

Squash * is really intensive and high joint impact, You'd think you could bounce round a 5k in 20mins?

Do you wait for the ball to come to you?

(When played properly)

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    You can just run but you play squash at the weekend?

Squash * is really intensive and high joint impact, You'd think you could bounce round a 5k in 20mins?

Do you wait for the ball to come to you?

(When played properly)

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I can do 5km in about 10 minutes normally.
    Me too - easy peasy. But I have to remember to slow down for the traffic cameras

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    While others are doing paralympics, wheelchair racing and the hopping race etcetc. you will soon be able to do flowerman and marshmallow man. Good luck.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• PEEL
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I do love a Steak Bake.
    Urban Dictionary: Steak bake

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    While others are doing enduroman, slateman, the brutal etcetc. you will soon be able to do flowerman and marshmallow man. Good luck.
    Yeah but I won't need operations because I've overstretched myself.
    Moderation in all things.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Yeah, you idiot.

I do love a Steak Bake.
    And you'd look well daft eating it while running.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I had 3 prongs to my get fit campaign for 2013:

1. Cut out stimulants/poisons - no coffee, no alcohol
    2. Diet: 5 a day, every day
    3. At least 30 minutes intense exercise, every day

I've succeeded roughly with 2 and 3, I think. It helps to work from home.
    I drink only on special occasions now i.e. about twice a month and never to excess (no alcohol at all was a bit much I think )
    I only drink tea now.

Have to say, it works. Have more energy, am far fitter than I have been for a while, lost half a stone which puts me at roughly my 18 year old weight (was always slim).
    Onwards and upwards.

Next step is to break that 5km/30 minutes barrier I'm stuck at.
    While others are doing enduroman, slateman, the brutal etcetc. you will soon be able to do flowerman and marshmallow man. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I was out running a while ago and an obese woman on a mobility cart passed me by eating a Greggs steak bake. "who's the feckin idiot here? me or you?" I wanted to shout.
    Yeah, you idiot.

I do love a Steak Bake.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X