• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scuba Diving :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    It will, we're squeezing 3 days diving in Gran Canaria later in the year.
    Now that's a good idea - if you stay local, by which I mean Europe, then a long weekend would do it. Two days diving, one day sunning. Making a note of your other Europe suggestions for future planning!
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
      Probably my favourite place in the world is Thailand. Genuinely lovely people (friendly and genuine like the Balinese...
      I thought the Thai woman who fired a ping-pong ball out of her vagina so that it hit my forehead was a tad over-friendly.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

L'Estartit in Spain, Malta and Gozo (Gozo is the best of the two) and Menorca (for cavern diving) are some of the best diving destinations if you want to stay in Europe.
        Or go completely arse about face and try diving in Iceland. The sea is so cold up there organisms don't grow so the water is crystal clear and you can see for 100+m. Not quite a tropical paradise but a very different experience..

DIVE.IS - Scuba Diving in Iceland - PADI Dive Center Iceland
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Or go completely arse about face and try diving in Iceland. The sea is so cold up there organisms don't grow so the water is crystal clear and you can see for 100+m. Not quite a tropical paradise but a very different experience..

I met a girl yesterday who did that, and she saw the Northern Lights on the same week. She quit diving in this country because it was too cold but then went diving in Iceland!
          ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Saw a group heading off to do this when I was there - it was February and utterly freezing. Fissure diving - the fissures looked amazing - imagine it would be an unforgettable experience.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Saw a group heading off to do this when I was there - it was February and utterly freezing. Fissure diving - the fissures looked amazing - imagine it would be an unforgettable experience.
              Iceland water temp can be up to 11 degrees in August, that is the same as diving in the UK between Dec to April so it isn't quite as bad is it sounds.

Þorlákshöfn Sea Temperature | Iceland Water Temperatures

It can get down to 1.2 degrees there though
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It will, we're squeezing 3 days diving in Gran Canaria later in the year.
                This ^^

We've got a cheeky week in Lanzarote, specifically to suss out what the diving's like as it's comparatively local.

Main holiday was diving in Jardines de la Reina. 1:03 the fun starts

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
                  Now that's a good idea - if you stay local, by which I mean Europe, then a long weekend would do it. Two days diving, one day sunning. Making a note of your other Europe suggestions for future planning!
                  Just remember the safe timings between diving and flying.

Comment

I am no scuba diver (one taster dive was enough) but kayaking on the west coast of Scotland looking down through crystal clear water to the abundant life below makes me think the diving must be wonderful.

Comment

Iceland water temp can be up to 11 degrees in August, that is the same as diving in the UK between Dec to April so it isn't quite as bad is it sounds.

Þorlákshöfn Sea Temperature | Iceland Water Temperatures

It can get down to 1.2 degrees there though
                      It was 9 degrees in May around Dunbar this year...
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X