• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Right to reside? keeping Johnny foreigner off our benefits or discriminatory?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    People like you are the reason why business feels it needs more immigrants: lazy natives who type tulipe on forums all day.
    That's not going to change.

HTH.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      doesn't matter if they are more than comparable countries,its if we pay more than the home country. if people pass through the comparable countries to get here then there must be a reason. Maybe the comparable countries don't allow the immigrant to claim (in France I hear stories of bureaucratic obstacles claiming) ?

obviously anyone with analytical skills would think of such things.
      Economic migrants are generally attracted by the prospect of employment rather than benefits. If someone has English as a 2nd language they are much more likely to be able to get a job here than in France or Germany, so they come here.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I only work 3 days a week. Because I was smart in my earlier working life. Although that will change soon.
        And even if that wasn't the case, it doesn't invalidate my point only strengthens it.
        Basically, the natives are too lazy and unproductive.

HTH, BIKIW.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Economic migrants are generally attracted by the prospect of employment rather than benefits. If someone has English as a 2nd language they are much more likely to be able to get a job here than in France or Germany, so they come here.
          A more sensible explanation, and then, should they by some misfortune become ill, unemployed or disabled, they are then entitled to the same benefits as British workers because they've paid the same social security contributions. A few do, possibly because quite a lot of migrants to dangerous or physically hard work that locals don't want to do.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            well if you compare apples with white rhino's of course you find white rhino's are more scary. Thought SASGuru was some statistics genius?

our cats are less likely to claim benefits than old people or immigrants.

pension & old people's care are not part of the equation they are just used to blur the calculations to make it seem more reasonable.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              A more sensible explanation, and then, should they by some misfortune become ill, unemployed or disabled, they are then entitled to the same benefits as British workers because they've paid the same social security contributions. A few do, possibly because quite a lot of migrants to dangerous or physically hard work that locals don't want to do.
              blah, blah lazy UK workers, blah blah hard working migrants, blah blah we need them.

maybe if the benefits went down or wages up the bottom rung out of work would be willing to work rather than being better off on benefits? we wouldn't need cheap labour?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                well if you compare apples with white rhino's of course you find white rhino's are more scary. Thought SASGuru was some statistics genius?

our cats are less likely to claim benefits than old people or immigrants.

pension & old people's care are not part of the equation they are just used to blur the calculations to make it seem more reasonable.
                Irrelevant bollux.
                Not the sharpest tool are you? You'd do better with your time in learning some useful skills.
                Until then back to the "Business analysis" some unfortunate co. is wasting money paying you to do
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Why should UK pay child tax credit and child benefit to an immigrant whose child is living abroad ?

For all immigrants benefits should be contributory based. Nothing else. I think this is the case in Germany and Dutch.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

That's what I like about cretins - eventually they make some stupid ignorant comment.
                    Quite. but so far so good
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I only work 3 days a week. Because I was smart in my earlier working life. Although that will change soon.
                      And even if that wasn't the case, it doesn't invalidate my point only strengthens it.
                      Basically, the natives are too lazy and unproductive.

HTH, BIKIW.
                      Not bad for an 85 year old
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X