• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Right to reside? keeping Johnny foreigner off our benefits or discriminatory?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    There are those that believe that the homogenization of peoples and cultures is a natural progression in man's evolution and that resistance is futile.
    there are those that believe in little green men and invisible Dieties.

I suspect this can happen in their home countries if you look at the americanisation of places like Japan.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Think there is some logic in there, our benefits seem too generous compared to other countries so I suspect there is a pull factor.

That's what I like about cretins - eventually they make some stupid ignorant comment.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Which benefits are too generous?
        List of countries in Europe by monthly average wage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How many families last year received more in benefits than the proposed government cap of £26,000?

Around 58,000 households will have their benefits reduced by the policy in 2014-15. Greater numbers are affected by other welfare changes.

Benefits in Britain: separating the facts from the fiction | Politics | The Observer

Comment

List of countries in Europe by monthly average wage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How many families last year received more in benefits than the proposed government cap of £26,000?

Around 58,000 households will have their benefits reduced by the policy in 2014-15. Greater numbers are affected by other welfare changes.

Benefits in Britain: separating the facts from the fiction | Politics | The Observer
          Try to answer the question rather than go on a tangent because you were caught talking utter tulipe - yet again

Your own link shows benefits are not more generous than comparable countries are they?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            That's what I like about cretins - eventually they make some stupid ignorant comment.
            that's what I hate about arrogant feckwits they insist on contributing nothing to discussions they don't understand.

Comment

You haven't answered the question; which benefits are too generous, compared to which European country? AFAIK the German and Dutch unemployment benefits are more generous, the Dutch invalidity and sickness benefits are more generous, and I don't know about the Scandinavians?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

that's what I hate about arrogant feckwits they insist on contributing nothing to discussions they don't understand.
                Read Mich's posts then, you utter ignorant imbecile.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Try to answer the question rather than go on a tangent because you were caught talking utter tulipe - yet again

Your own link shows benefits are not more generous than comparable countries are they?
                  doesn't matter if they are more than comparable countries,its if we pay more than the home country. if people pass through the comparable countries to get here then there must be a reason. Maybe the comparable countries don't allow the immigrant to claim (in France I hear stories of bureaucratic obstacles claiming) ?

obviously anyone with analytical skills would think of such things.

Comment

doesn't matter if they are more than comparable countries,its if we pay more than the home country. if people pass through the comparable countries to get here then there must be a reason. Maybe the comparable countries don't allow the immigrant to claim (in France I hear stories of bureaucratic obstacles claiming) ?

People like you are the reason why business feels it needs more immigrants: lazy natives who type tulipe on forums all day.
                    That's not going to change.

HTH.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Read Sasguru's post;

Immigrants 'significantly less likely' to claim benefits - ITV News
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X