• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No longer a wasted Vote

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    You mean those well known French Marxists Winston Churchill & Franklin D Roosevelt?
    Marxists! Both of them!

Especially that fat English bloke with the big cigar!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Marxism has obviously changed a lot since I were a lad...
      Yep, and it's changed a lot since Friedrich Engels called gay people disgusting pederasts.

Comment

Joking aside, if gay marriage really is the first step of the international workers' revolution, I'd like to know more because seeing as there are several business owners on both sides of our family, we'll be among the first to face the firing squad, or the Gulag, or the comfy chair or whatever modern Marxists do to people who own land and shops and stuff. So I really need a good explanation as to how to defend my rights and my property against Jenny* and Monica* who live around the corner and recently got married. Are they going to requisition my Uncle´s farm and merge it with the workers´ collective? Are they going to steal our family business and hand it to the peasants? Will I be forced to go and plant rice in paddy fields that never get any rain?

*names not changed because they don't give a tulip anyway. Oh, and they're the most rabid capitalists I've ever met. They'd put Dodgy to shame.
        Last edited by Mich the Tester; 3 May 2013, 14:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          The post war human rights treaties were largely drawn up by or at the behest of Winston Churchill; not exactly a French Marxist.
          Really? Where are then the HR of the people he incinerated in Dresden?

OTOH, Churchill would have dealt with Abu Qatada and similar scum in a very different way, I am afraid.

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          As for Marxism destroying the family and religion, how, precisely, do two blokes bumming each other, or two women going at it together ruin the family? .
          The purpose of marriage is to protect the children. But, alas, homosexualists can't have children. They can order them online like Elton John though, but the stake is clear: destroy marriage as the union of a man and a woman, and then anything goes. In some European countries birth certificates don't come with Father and Mother categories anymore. They come with Parent A and Parent B. Hey, why not Parent C then?

A child needs a father and a mother. You are entitled to think otherwise, but doesn't make your point of view correct. The state shouldn't interfere with the laws of Mother Nature.

Marxism is out there to destroy our societies. Wake up before it is too late.

Comment

No longer a wasted Vote

The Soviet Union had a dim view on homosexuality even now in Russia 'gomiki' are reviled, it's why AtW left.

Galuboy!

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserWilly View Post
              Really? Where are then the HR of the people he incinerated in Dresden?

OTOH, Churchill would have dealt with Abu Qatada and similar scum in a very different way, I am afraid.
              Perhaps the reason Churchill felt all of Europe needed Human rights declarations AND that Britain should sign them is that he knew only too well that in moments of weakness or desperation, he too was capable of doing very nasty things to people.

I'd deal with Abu Qatada differently too; I'd leave him in Britain, give him a tulipty job paying peanuts and a hovel of a flat in the roughest part of the roughest city in the country, and then watch him every minute of they day, which is much easier while he's in Britain than anywhere else.

Comment

Marxism has obviously changed a lot since I were a lad...
                The main tenet of Marxism is that the world is divided between oppressors and victims.

There is economic Marxism, certainly, but we are talking here about Cultural Marxism:

the poor are oppressed by the rich
                minorities are oppressed by whites
                women are oppressed by men
                gays are oppressed by straight people
                etc

When there is a discourse that identifies a victim and an oppressor, then you have Marxism.

Comment

The purpose of marriage is to protect the children. But, alas, homosexualists can't have children. They can order them online like Elton John though, but the stake is clear: destroy marriage as the union of a man and a woman, and then anything goes. In some European countries birth certificates don't come with Father and Mother categories anymore. They come with Parent A and Parent B. Hey, why not Parent C then?

A child needs a father and a mother. You are entitled to think otherwise, but doesn't make your point of view correct. The state shouldn't interfere with the laws of Mother Nature.

Marxism is out there to destroy our societies. Wake up before it is too late.
                  I am entitled to think otherwise, but actually I think that the best arrangement is a mother and a father who get on well enough to give the kid a caring environment. Failing that (and it fails an awful lot) , I'd much rather a kid grows up with two blokes or two women who care for him and nurture his talents than a broken home. But to some extent you're right. I just don't want the state to force others to follow what I personally think is the right way to bring up kids. The state should get out of the discussion altogether until it's been amply demonstrated that the kid needs the protection of the state. I don't think that growing up with two adults of the same sex is adequate cause for that.

Comment

But mother nature made people homosexual and gave them maternal/paternal instincts. And evolution drew us towards living in communities for the benefit of all concerned. Mother nature also humans the ability to solve problems.

Not sure why the mother nature argument precludes homosexual parents.

Would you rather they forced themselves to reproduce biologically with a member of the opposite sex rather than a more 'unnatural' way?
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

The main tenet of Marxism is that the world is divided between oppressors and victims.

There is economic Marxism, certainly, but we are talking here about Cultural Marxism:

the poor are oppressed by the rich
                      - they were, for a long time, in various different places

minorities are oppressed by whites
                      - they were, for a long time, in various different places

women are oppressed by men
                      - they were, for a long time, in various different places, and still are in various places

gays are oppressed by straight people
                      - they were, for a long time, in various different places, and still are in various places

When there is a discourse that identifies a victim and an oppressor, then you have Marxism.
                      I guess I´m a Marxist now!

Comment

Working...
                      X