• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dear Nandos

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    If there's one thing I hate about chicken cottage its those huge windows at the front; Hardly private!

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaura...kencottage.jpg

vs nandos

http://www.liverpool-360.co.uk/resta...ges/nandos.jpg
    They have to have smaller windows in Liverpool as the larger ones are expensive to repair.
    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

What's the point of phoning in a takeaway order if you're going to wait till I get there before you start cooking it?
      This is why I no longer frequent my local Chinese. Phoned in an order at 7, to collect at 8 but waited until 8.30 to collect.

I won't give my money to people like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Begs the question
        NO IT DOESN'T!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          NO IT DOESN'T!
          I thought you only ate at greggs?
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

What's the point of phoning in a takeaway order if you're going to wait till I get there before you start cooking it?
            Just a wild stab in the dark.. but did you have chicken?
            Blood in your poo

Comment

Indian takeaway for four arrived last which was prepaid via some online service and very nice it was especially for brekkie.

There's only me here and I didn't order it and so far nobody's been back to claim it
              So why didn't you tell the delivery person that they had the wrong address??
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                So why didn't you tell the delivery person that they had the wrong address??
                Just general badness.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Just general badness.
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Thing is, cos I didn't order I have no idea what curries I was eating or where they came from tasty as they were. Begs the question, could you identify the basic curries in a blind tasting?

Here in Scotland where the quality tends to be very good I doubt I could identify the difference between a Bhuna, Dopiaza, Rogan Josh, Pardesi and all the rest. Good or bad yes no problem.
                    I could split a Bhuna, Dopiaza and Rogan Josh, I believe, by their main ingredients. Pardesi, I haven't tried, and have curiously never seen. I make a good dopiaza, and Jalfriezi.

God I love curry

Comment

I went to my favorite Indian restaurant last year and ordered my usual which is their hottest dish (a Naga). The waiter (new fella) cautioned me, explaining it was very spicey but I reassured him that I had had it several times and it would be fine. All of the meals came out and I tasted mine and felt like I was being choked. It was far hotter than normal (although it still tasted great).

After having repeatedly reassured the waiter I would be fine I decided there was no way I was not eating it so I forced myself to finish all of the (admittedly delicious) meal, by the end my lower jaw had literally gone numb.

It turns out that they had just hired a new chef.
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X