• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who wants to be a millionaire?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I would fail on the first few questions. I know nothing about TV Soaps or such trivia however, I do well on geography, history and physics.
    Excellent - another phone a friend candidate

Might need to look Gibbon up too.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I do!

A couple of weeks back I had the urge to apply to be on the show (which I haven't watched in years, and, until yesterday didn't even realise the format had changed back in 2010).

Got a call yesterday whilst wandering around London - got asked some general knowledge questions, aced it (well almost) even without the assistance of Mr Google.

Not sure what auditions involve -but will find out next week!
      Good luck - If you make it, let us know the transmission date if they tell you in advance.

Seems to me the toughest part is the elimination round at the start. If you can get past that and into the hot seat, and you aren't a complete ignoramus or desperado, you're practically assured of £32K at least.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Nice one!

My brother was on about ten years ago - I was one of his PAFs (you get five IIRC), but in the end he called our sister. He came away with £250,000 because she knew the first name of the Dolce chap from Dolce and Gabbana

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Good luck - If you make it, let us know the transmission date if they tell you in advance.

Seems to me the toughest part is the elimination round at the start. If you can get past that and into the hot seat, and you aren't a complete ignoramus or desperado, you're practically assured of £32K at least.
          I don't think they do the fastest finger thing now - just watched one on youtube and it didn't have it. They don't have a 32K prize any more either. So basically, if you're selected, you're on. First rounds have 15 or 30 secs timer to answer the questions, but you can take as long as you want on the harder ones.

So the hardest part will be getting selected at the auditions - no idea how many people they're seeing, but I was given a choice of 3 slots, with 12-15 people at each.

Comment

SimonMac has been on Crimewatch and Mary Poppins on Jeremy Kyle.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Nice one!

My brother was on about ten years ago - I was one of his PAFs (you get five IIRC), but in the end he called our sister. He came away with £250,000 because she knew the first name of the Dolce chap from Dolce and Gabbana
              Excellent! That would be a nice amount to walk away with.

Comment

That is more than I make in a month!
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                  Yes, it would just about cover missing a day's billing.

Comment

He seemed pleased

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                      Really? I never knew such poverty existed.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X