• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which London Museum?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Grant Museum of Zoology at UCL is the only one with a Glass Jar of Moles:

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The Grant Museum of Zoology at UCL is the only one with a Glass Jar of Moles:

Do they hand them out like sweets to visitors?

Comment

National History. But be aware of massive queues.

We hoped to see both but only made the SM... no queue at all whereas the NHM had a queue along the road. I had wonderful memories visiting as a kid but it seemed pretty lacklustre - there were some great things but hardly struck me as the premiere museum of science. The amount of stuff to do and interact with seemed much less, and most of that was computer-based with screens instead of levers and knobs.

Worth a visit for sure but if you only see one... NHM.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
          As they are virtually next door to each other you may get a chance to have a look at both.
          There is a passageway linking them - now closed! gggrrrrrrrr

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          Couple of minutes from South Ken tube. Hardly out in the sticks
          South Ken is a long long way - I reckon it is 20 minutes from Embankment.

It takes 2 mins to get out of South Ken station - then there is that long tunnel to walk through. I reckon its more like 10 minutes.

For any decent city type it is out in the sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            For any decent city type it is out in the sticks.

Typed from your office in Belgravia?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

Typed from your office in Belgravia?

The only good thing is that I get an extra long cycle during my commute. I have no idea why hedge funds like it here. Even Brevan Howard (who are moving back from Geneva) are taking space here rather than city/docklands. WTF???

Comment

Personally if its school holidays both museums will be overcrowded nightmares.

I would head to the V&A or the British Museum. In the case of the latter is great to see what you can steal from other countries when you are the leading nation as museums first appeared.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Personally if its school holidays both museums will be overcrowded nightmares.
                  Just get there for opening time. That's what we should have done.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Took son a few years ago when he was 7. Planned to visit both.

Ended up spending about 8 hours in Science Museum - he loved it.

Trek down that tunnel from the tube mind....
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

If we go to any museums, or any other such like, we take the kids out of school for the day, as it makes it such a nice day out and the kids don't suffer missing a day here or there, but in fact gain more, in our opinion, as they can see so much more, and be untroubled by crowds, and waiting times.

Comment

Working...
                      X