• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which London Museum?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for the British Museum. I generally drop in there at least once every couple of months.

NHM and SM are both good if you've never been before but the BM has always got something that make a visit worthwhile however often you go.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Another vote for the British Museum. I generally drop in there at least once every couple of months.

NHM and SM are both good if you've never been before but the BM has always got something that make a visit worthwhile however often you go.
      There is a Sado-Masochism museum?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Yep, they have your Gimp Suit on display at the moment.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          We could have a whip round to pay for your entrance fee

Comment

The natural history, science & V&A museums are right next door to each other so you may well have time to pop into both.

The natural history museum does generally have massive queues in the school hols, the science museum less so but still gets busy and the launchpad kids area gets pretty mental. The highlight of the NH are the dinosaurs and other fossils, they do have a lot of other stuff in there as well though. The science museum has an Apollo capsule, aeroplanes and quite a few early steam engines amongst other things. A lot of the newer stuff is a bit pants IMO like the interactive climate change computer games and suchlike.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

How about the Imperial War Museum?

Out of the other two I'd opt for the Science before the NH although both are also good.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                How about the Imperial War Museum?

Out of the other two I'd opt for the Science before the NH although both are also good.
                Imperial War Museum is good however the Hollocaust exibition is very graphic and not for everyone. It's also a little out of the way - closest tube is Lambeth North.

If you want to see the best museums then the NH (Loved the new darwin centre seeing the scientists at work), Science (not been in for about 5 years but enjoyed it when I was there last) and the V&A (saw the Manchester Tiara in there a few years ago in a excellent exhibition. The tea rooms are also worth a visit) are all excellent and within 5 mins of each other.

Comment

As a young lad I used to go to Exhibition Road, particularly the Science Museum for the Children's Gallery which used to be in the basement, nearly every weekend and even now, every time I go to London I try my damned hardest to visit either the Science, Natural History, V & A (my sister in law works there in some capacity) and British Museums (although not the Geological as that is pretty damn boring.) However there are more which I visit every now and then:

The Cartoon Museum
                  Museum of Zoology
                  ICA
                  London Film Museum
                  London Motorcycle Museum
                  Pollocks Toy Museum (used to be behind the Science many years ago)
                  V & A Childhood Museum

Among many others...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
                    We could have a whip round to pay for your entrance fee

Have you been out on the lash again?

Taxi!
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Churchill Museum and Cabinet War Rooms are pretty good and fairly central for those who think 20 mins on the tube is a long way.
                      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                      X