• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ukip takes second place in Rotherham

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    A soft bump of support, nothing more than that
    Get back to work

Comment

UKIP are a one policy (we dislike everyone, stop the modern world and let us off, lets go back to the 50s, because we're all grumpy middle aged men who can't cope with change) party.
      All voting for them will do is eat into the Tory vote just enough to let Labour in.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I hate it when I agree with you
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          UKIP are a one policy (we dislike everyone, stop the modern world and let us off, lets go back to the 50s, because we're all grumpy middle aged men who can't cope with change) party.
          All voting for them will do is eat into the Tory vote just enough to let Labour in.
          Whilst I disagree with your summary of UKIP, you are spot on with your assessment of what would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Whilst I disagree with your summary of UKIP, you are spot on with your assessment of what would happen.
            You could take the view its best to let Labour get on with destroying the country and then we can start again from the ashes.

Comment

Labour will only be able to get in with a majority so transferring your Tory vote to UKIP will make no difference.

Edit: Actually scratch that because it would come down to seats and you can't have a "coalition seat".

Probably Farage will try and cut a deal with the Tories to not run against them if they promise a referendum.
              Last edited by Robinho; 30 November 2012, 11:48.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                You mean the same 50's that experienced a massive post war influx of immigration from the colonies?
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Reading about the UKIP it seems to me that they're a mixture of old right-wing Tory, middle of the road BNP and sad disillusioned (and in some cases corrupt*) old gits. The EU is very important to them otherwise how would their 12 MEPs live?

UKIP are not new to corrupt figures within their organisation. Former UKIP MEP Tom Wise was sent to prison for 2 years for spending over £35,000 on cars and wine at the tax payer's expense. Another MEP Ashley Mote was jailed for 9 months for falsely claiming over £65,000 in state benefits.
                  Former MP Neil Hamilton who lost his seat in the cash for questions saga, explained his life after Parliament including bankruptcy, a media career and now working with the UKIP "to advance the causes I believe in".
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Reading about the UKIP it seems to me that they're a mixture of old right-wing Tory, middle of the road BNP and sad disillusioned (and in some cases corrupt*) old gits. The EU is very important to them otherwise how would their 12 MEPs live?
                    You and I have very different views on this (I'm a member of UKIP). Pretty much everyone I talk to is considering voting for them.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                      You and I have very different views on this (I'm a member of UKIP). Pretty much everyone I talk to is considering voting for them.
                      There's the danger of only talking to people like yourself - historically that kind of blinkered view has led to some pretty damaging events.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X