• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What we've been saying for years...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Yep I am off to the Isle of Wight for the weekend
    oi, gerroff my land

Comment

After a bit of research I think I've found the perfect country to emigrate to.

San Marino - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is one of the wealthiest countries in the world in terms of GDP (per capita), with a figure comparable to some of the more developed Italian regions, such as Lombardy and Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol. San Marino is considered to have a highly stable economy, with one of the lowest unemployment rates in Europe, no national debt and a budget surplus.

Plus Italian women......mmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Plus Italian women......mmmmmmmmm
        You have trouble pulling slappers round Swindon. In Italy the only action you are going to get is what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          You have trouble pulling slappers round Swindon. In Italy the only action you are going to get is what you pay for.
          Swindon women are very choosy, that's the only conclusion one can come to.

Comment

The UK has become the destination for cheap foreign workers employed by offshore multinational companies. There is no room for the Brits
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              The UK has become the destination for cheap foreign workers employed by offshore multinational companies. There is no room for the Brits
              Yep, an offshore multicultural sweatshop for multinational companies that pay little or no tax here.

Comment

I've always wanted to move but just never did it. I reckon contracting handcuffed me here for a while and really I don't know where I would want to move - except maybe some parts of the US for a while.

Anyway it's OK that the brain drain means we're losing qualified people from the UK, because the government will allow Indians in to do the same jobs. It doesn't matter that they don't speak the language properly and don't do the job well; so long as they are cheaper because they don't pay any tax in the UK. So it's better all round, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  I've always wanted to move but just never did it. I reckon contracting handcuffed me here for a while and really I don't know where I would want to move - except maybe some parts of the US for a while.

Anyway it's OK that the brain drain means we're losing qualified people from the UK, because the government will allow Indians in to do the same jobs. It doesn't matter that they don't speak the language properly and don't do the job well; so long as they are cheaper because they don't pay any tax in the UK. So it's better all round, isn't it?
                  Any shortfall in tax revenues can be made up with QE.

The British Lira as it will be called.

Comment

I have worked in Europe, but I prefer it in England. I've got so many connections to here. Weather's a bit poo though.

Not sure about the tax situation, we hear different stories every month it seems.

Comment

What with the good lady now being told that she has to work to 68 paying in 14% of her salary to her pension ( also having to pay for her staff's pension which they think will be another 15% ) I think we have a good chance of talking up that green card offer in the next few years.

Comment

Working...
                      X