• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What we've been saying for years...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know - from my perspective in a leafy well-off part of the world, the UK seems like a pretty decent place to me.
    Unhappy ne-er-do-wells will be unhappy and unsuccessful anywhere they go.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

If you are a loner then you are much more flexible about where you can go. As for me as long as I get my cut I dont care where anyone works.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        WTF! Welcome back!
        Well, thank you. But actually the nom de guerre doesn't seem appropriate any more, now that I am living in the UK again. I may re-register as StrangerInAStrangeLand.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I don't know - from my perspective in a leafy well-off part of the world, the UK seems like a pretty decent place to me.
          Unhappy ne-er-do-wells will be unhappy and unsuccessful anywhere they go.
          Why buy a retirement villa in Portugal then?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

His neighbours clubbed together
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              Either that or he talks complete and utter contradictory bollox all the time.

Comment

If we seek internal happiness rather than through external things (e.g. the weather), we will indeed find everlasting peace whatever our conditions.

HTH

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Either that or he talks complete and utter contradictory bollox all the time.

I don't know. Why do people buy a second home anywhere?
                  For a change, for a holiday, maybe for better weather when I "really" retire.
                  But mainly because I like the Douro region.
                  Cretins.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    If not for a restraining order from the wife & being on a terrorist list for dressing up as Batman & camping on a politicians roof I would have gone years ago.
                    ftfy
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Yep, an offshore multicultural sweatshop for multinational companies that pay little or no tax here.

But make donations to politicians and their parties.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X