• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What we've been saying for years...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The brain drain problem is most evident on this forum...

Last edited by AtW; 8 November 2012, 13:43.

Comment

If I was 10-15 years younger I'd have gone abroad by now. I'm too old to start again so I'm building a drawbridge and portcullis on the front lawn for when it all starts going horribly wrong over here.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        For years?

I have, not because I wanted to but because the wife made me. I'd be on the first plane back if it was down to me but I would have to get divorced, and I don't want to get divorced.

It's not only the UK that has these issues. Over here in NZ, as fast as they can import new people from India, China and the UK, their own are leaving for Australia.
        Worst ever year for Kiwi-Oz migration - Immigration - NZ Herald News
        How long have you been there? We "emigrated" over here from NZ about 12 years ago. For the longest time I wanted to go back just about every day. But after a few recent visits, the 'novelty' of living in NZ wears off. It's a great country but now seems too "small" for us (yeah yeah yeah nah).

They say the grass is always greener on the other side. The truth is the grass is greener wherever you WATER THE BL**DY GRASS.
        Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

I have been in London for over 5 years now and although I love the city I don't think that I want to live here for another 5 years and have been exploring my options on going abroad. One of the big reasons for going abroad is that you can jump up into more senior positions more easily so I look it as much as part of my business plan (although you may have to slip back to being a permie until you get yourself established) as my personal plan.

Yes and Stewart Lee is right, the prawns (Shrimp) do tend to be larger. Although the larger ones take less effort to eat though so there is an advantage there
          Last edited by redgiant; 9 November 2012, 11:51.

Comment

Working...
          X