• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Children with ADHD. Real or bad parenting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    My OH is a teacher, she has kids in her class who've not been decently parented, feel unloved, without the safety of boundaries, and don't know what to do with themselves. She knows when they've not had their sedatives to keep them under control because they go ballistic.
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    My OH is a teacher, she has kids in her class with ADHD. She knows when they've not had their fix because they go ballistic due to withdrawal symptoms.
    I mean - I do wonder...
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My mum works at my old high school. Since i left they built a new block for students who require extra help for ADHD Aspergers and Autism. 20% of all pupils have to go there.

We all had kids in our class who couldn't listen or behave but this isn't ADHD it's bad kids usually from bad parenting.

It definitely exists though. My eldest brother is a right plank. Zero GCSE's as he literally couldn't focus on anything but an Atari/Spectrum/Game boy for more than 10 minutes. He'd even leave half his dinner because he was bored eating it. Still the same in his thirties and will go weeks without showering because its boring.

Doctors and teachers like to diagnose very quickly as it helps the school and the parents financially.

Comment

We asked the nursery today whether MF04 was the same as other kids that they looked after or whether he was a little bit different? The silence was deafening. Balls.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I mean - I do wonder...
          Please don't misquote me when I'm mentioning my significant other. It's all well and good taking the piss out of what I'm saying, but in this example I'm trying to get what she's told me across. She's dealt with kids of all ages for the last 10 years and she's no daft brush my missus. She seems to have a fairly good handle on when people are taking the piss.

She believes ADHD (when diagnosed correctly) is a real issue and I trust in her judgement 110%.
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            We asked the nursery today whether MF04 was the same as other kids that they looked after or whether he was a little bit different? The silence was deafening. Balls.
            Three years later and has been diagnosed with ADHD in the last few weeks. Tried giving him a bloody good hiding but never worked. Impulsive, disruptive, blurting out noises all the time, never sitting still.

He misses 3/4 of his playtimes each week, always on the naughty chart & this morning watched him mess up his judo exam, scoring a lowly score, not even filling in answers, when I've spent two weeks prepping him with games & play scoring full marks every time.

The lack of control, concentration & impulsiveness is seriously going to hamper his academic development and self worth.

Still think it's a combination of real(medicine/diet) / parenting, trick is to work out how to balance the two.

Comment

Three years later and has been diagnosed with ADHD in the last few weeks. Tried giving him a bloody good hiding but never worked. Impulsive, disruptive, blurting out noises all the time, never sitting still.

He misses 3/4 of his playtimes each week, always on the naughty chart & this morning watched him mess up his judo exam, scoring a lowly score, not even filling in answers, when I've spent two weeks prepping him with games & play scoring full marks every time.

The lack of control, concentration & impulsiveness is seriously going to hamper his academic development and self worth.

Still think it's a combination of real(medicine/diet) / parenting, trick is to work out how to balance the two.
              Sounds like his Dad.

How old is he? Tried talking to him about it? Does exercise help?

Comment

Judo exam with written questions?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Judo exam with written questions?
                  Grading. They had to do a multiple choice of Japanese to English words. I wrote him a computer game as well as doing multiple choices with him each day for the last week. If he's not continually prompted he drifts off into his own world.

Comment

Grading. They had to do a multiple choice of Japanese to English words. I wrote him a computer game as well as doing multiple choices with him each day for the last week. If he's not continually prompted he drifts off into his own world.
                    Which is how most on CUK react to you....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Which is how most on CUK react to you....
                      Yes, but I keep it to the confines of this site and my cage fighting club.

Comment

Working...
                      X