• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Comet plummets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate it when you're in store and a sales person come over within 5 minutes and says can I help you? drives me insane
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      I hate it when you're in store and a sales person come over within 5 minutes and says can I help you? drives me insane
      So do I, but when I've been in Comet you tend to find that they are all farting about with the laptops and tellys and not interested in anything outside of those 2 areas.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

5 minutes, if I make it past 30 seconds I'm impressed, they then come in waves, I have normally lost my rag by the third saleschild (love that will abuse) who has no idea what they are talking about asks me if I need help, I normally ask something about DLNA then they stare at tag they just interrupted me reading.

Now I quite like Lakes & Richer sounds they both try to be helpful, sometimes they even find the manuals.

Yes I could do thorough research before buying but shops are partially about impulse purchases if I see an item on offer and it solves a bubbling problem I may well buy there & then if its in my discretionary budget.

Also if I'm comparing audio & visual items I need to see ,hear and touch items, I will probably want to get down to 2 contenders then research.

Now if they gave them tablets with all the manuals & hi fi reviews plus a self service info centre I might be encouraged to go in and talk to ACNE ridden sales people.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's nice to have a browse to see if there's anything worth buying, without the hassle of someone trying to sell me something I don't need. In Currys I was looking at laptops so I thought I'll see what the Window Experience Index is for the machines I was considering boy was I wrong none of the laptops would let me access it and no one in store was able to either very laughable.
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Quite

benefits should be a fall back in times of genuine hardship, but thanks to the abandonment of our domestic industry, mines, homegrown business and a sell out to multinational businesses, they have become a way of life.
            HTH. What did the left have to do with the systematic destruction of industry , in the name of the "city" as we put all our eggs into the same basket?

Comment

It's nice to have a browse to see if there's anything worth buying, without the hassle of someone trying to sell me something I don't need. In Currys I was looking at laptops so I thought I'll see what the Window Experience Index is for the machines I was considering boy was I wrong none of the laptops would let me access it and no one in store was able to either very laughable.
              Totally true, I have had exactly the same experience and the same in PC World too. Whats the point in having all these PC's on display when all they are showing is a locked standard screensaver?

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                HTH. What did the left have to do with the systematic destruction of industry , in the name of the "city" as we put all our eggs into the same basket?
                their hand was on the tiller for 13 years, industry folded faster under them than Maggie.

Essential Economics: Manufacturing Industry in the UK

Employment has fallen steadily but that may well be due to automation rather than politics.

The most telling graph is this one:
                http://tutor2u.net/economics/content...ge008_0000.gif

don't let facts get in the way of a leftie rant.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I've got a degree in economics, rather than a great ability to google stuff.

Your graph shows a clear peak in 1980 and a downward trend in industry ever since.

Don't let reading your own links get in the way.

The "savings" made by closing the mines for example have been spent 3 fold at least on maintaining the devastated towns, cities and communities that they left behind. Vickers was a massive loss recently, under a labour government, which is worth mentioning.

90% unemployment exists in places like South Hetton etc, how much have we saved on the international coal markets when you bring in the cost of propping up these citizens?

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                    There is no history of any leftie or anyone who follows leftie principles of creating any sort of wealth or what I call "proper job" anywhere. All the left do is to pick off from the endeavours of others.

lefties would love the banking industry to collapse and put everyone working in it on £20K per year.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      There is no history of any leftie or anyone who follows leftie principles of creating any sort of wealth or what I call "proper job" anywhere. All the left do is to pick off from the endeavours of others.

lefties would love the banking industry to collapse and put everyone working in it on £20K per year from which I will happily take a 30% margin..
                      ftfy and obvious trolling. Must do better. Haven't you got someone to shaft today?
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X