• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Comet plummets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    It seems we've had quite a lot of companies failing lately it doesn't really bode well does it
    Empirically it seems that as a recession ends there is a spate of companies going under, in construction this is normally due to companies buying work to keep turnover going & then realising that the model can’t be maintained or that the overdraft has reached terminal velocity & debtors are knocking on the door.
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      Lack of staff product knowledge and crap after sales service in any type store chain is a recipe for sinking, both of which I have experienced at Comet in the past (and may have even ranted on here before).
      Here we go - http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...e-rubbish.html

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        Ooooooh that is crap mind you I have a very different experience of Comet, I bought a dishwasher and something went on it 2 days after the guarantee. I went to the store and told them as it had been a bank holiday weekend I had been unable to reach anyone on the customer service department by phone. They completely bought what I said and fixed it and it still works to this day
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Zeity just realised he's got a 5 year warranty on a freezer wot he bought in Comet earlier in the year.

I've got a £70 gift card at home...
          B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            It's not a recession. It's reality; don't go looking for GDP growth any more. The next 20 years will be about how existing wealth gets used and how to maintain quality of life while standards of living remain flat or fall.
            Does that mean we'll see more bleeding heart articles about how the government is kicking in the poor by cutting benefits etc? I hope not I think some people really need to look at poor people in other countries to get a real definition of the word.
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Does that mean we'll see more bleeding heart articles about how the government is kicking in the poor by cutting benefits etc? I hope not I think some people really need to look at poor people in other countries to get a real definition of the word.
              I agree that the definition of poor is somewhat skewed when compared to the turd world, but then I don't want people starving in the street around the corner while I'm living more than comfortably. Benefits are needed, but can also be part of the problem and kill initiative. It's a difficult balance and will become more difficult as we get used to a low growth/no growth economy.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I agree that the definition of poor is somewhat skewed when compared to the turd world, but then I don't want people starving in the street around the corner while I'm living more than comfortably. Benefits are needed, but can also be part of the problem and kill initiative. It's a difficult balance and will become more difficult as we get used to a low growth/no growth economy.
                I agree there are some genuinely poor people in the UK, but I would say they're people who are working and scrape by. What amazes me is when you see an article on the Grauniad or BBC about benefits flooded with comments about how from people on how they're scraping by on their benefits, yet they're online which means they have internet access and a PC or similar device.
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

I agree there are some genuinely poor people in the UK, but I would say they're people who are working and scrape by. What amazes me is when you see an article on the Grauniad or BBC about benefits flooded with comments about how from people on how they're scraping by on their benefits, yet they're online which means they have internet access and a PC or similar device.
                  Yep, although arguably these days it's worth providing unemployed people with internet access if it helps them to get a job; when the last time you got a contract without using e-mail or the web? I think the last time I wrote an application letter for a job on paper was 15 years ago. What concerns me more is that there are people who do work, work hard within their ability, but are really struggling.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The Benefits "industry" is also of huge political significance.
                    If benefits were not needed and there were no poor people the lefties would have no reason to tax us and centralise power. I would wager that most of the people in the benefits industry vote labour so the left have no interest whatsoever in getting rid of poverty. In fact by killing enterprise , undermining aspirations and discouraging social mobility they positively encourage it.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I thought this thread was about the De Havilland Comet, not happy it's about some shop....

Comment

Working...
                      X