• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

John Major

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    I guess he wasn't as media friendly as the others - think the Spitting Image Grey Man spoof set the tone

and is it good/bad that he did Edwina?
    Why does "fifty shades of grey" spring to mind.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
      Cameron is alright. Problem is Labour have destroyed the country for the next 10 years at least, yet people will still vote for more pie.
      This is true, but what should have happened is the Tory should have took office and cut quickly and deeply in the first few months, this could have been squarely and accurately blamed on Labour. It would have worked and by the next election things would have been looking up. They would have been seen as the party that gets things done.

Instead we have pretend austerity, cuts that amount to spending more than during the Labour boom years. Which means by the end of the term we will be in just as much tulip as in 2010 if not more and pathetic u-turns on things that would make no difference like a tax on pastries.

Next election Labour will win.

Comment

I would have thought Milliband has painted a target on his foot.

Every time he says anything Cameron can draw parrallels - oh look Millipede wants to sell off the gold -its Gordon Brown again, oh ;look he wants to act tough while doing dodgy deals its Mandleson over again, oh look he wants to rattle his sabre so he can get elected again.

Millipede the Deja vu man!

Go CMD!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
          This is true, but what should have happened is the Tory should have took office and cut quickly and deeply in the first few months, this could have been squarely and accurately blamed on Labour. It would have worked and by the next election things would have been looking up. They would have been seen as the party that gets things done.

Instead we have pretend austerity, cuts that amount to spending more than during the Labour boom years. Which means by the end of the term we will be in just as much tulip as in 2010 if not more and pathetic u-turns on things that would make no difference like a tax on pastries.

Next election Labour will win.
          If it wasn't for Milliband i might agree but i just can't see him being the PM of the UK.

Hoping for a Con/UKIP coalition myself.

Comment

If it wasn't for Milliband i might agree but i just can't see him being the PM of the UK.

Hoping for a Con/UKIP coalition myself.
            I think a lot of people who voted Liberal in the past will not do infuture, especially students. I doubt they would go Tory, so Labour seems obvious.

UKIP is who I will be voting for, not that I think it will count or that they would win.

I doubt the Torys want to win though, they might actually have to do something rather than kicking the can down the road.

Comment

If Labour get in it will be end of this country. Which is sad.

Comment

I hope that UKIP can get a place on the debates.

That would be fun.

Comment

They won't be much different to this lot.

Sure, there will be some new window dressing but deep down they'll be doing what their puppet masters tell them to do.

Comment

Sometimes you have to destroy to rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                      Sometimes you have to destroy to rebuild.
                      You're right tbf. Maybe they'll make such a hash-up it'll give rise to Maggie mark-II

Comment

Working...
                      X