• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client asks me to work past end date of contract - Are you serious?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait for Thursday to see what happens
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
      This thread is going to go on longer than the counting thread in General
      Counting thread is in light relief. Word associations is in General and oddly enough is more interesting and useful that this one.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Counting thread is in light relief. Word associations is in General and oddly enough is more interesting and useful that this one.
        No it's not!

Comment

I hope you have a better attitude towards your next client than you do this one and won't slag them off every post just because they are trying to do business with your rather than work to the letter of a contract.
          Its funny to read your posts, in every single one of the were someone complains about agents taking to much of a cut you keep banging on about its the agents business and people should be happy to get a slice of the agents cut. Here the agent has failed to get a contract sorted and you still think that going in and work is what should be done?

Comment

Originally posted by dynamicsaxcontractor View Post
            Its funny to read your posts, in every single one of the were someone complains about agents taking to much of a cut you keep banging on about its the agents business and people should be happy to get a slice of the agents cut. Here the agent has failed to get a contract sorted and you still think that going in and work is what should be done?
            I didn't say that. That post was aimed at the OP who has a long history of coming on here and moaning about his client. The same poster who can't ask his accountant a simple question or research the basics of how to get JSA. It was more about his attitude to his clients in general than a specific piece of advice on what to do in his situation. There are two sides to most stories.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I didn't say that. That post was aimed at the OP who has a long history of coming on here and moaning about his client. The same poster who can't ask his accountant a simple question or research the basics of how to get JSA. It was more about his attitude to his clients in general than a specific piece of advice on what to do in his situation. There are two sides to most stories.
              You have a long history of coming on here and moaning about other posters so I don't see what you're moaning about.
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Last edited by psychocandy; 2 November 2012, 10:22.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  going in tomorrow?
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Come on, we can't wait. Are you going to work tomorrow or not ????
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Has the agent even bothered to call the client? This is the missing link in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X