• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client asks me to work past end date of contract - Are you serious?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client asks me to work past end date of contract - Are you serious?

Last edited by psychocandy; 2 November 2012, 10:19.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

I hope you have a better attitude towards your next client than you do this one and won't slag them off every post just because they are trying to do business with your rather than work to the letter of a contract.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If the agent has been burnt before in similar cases to this, then this sounds reasonable in my opinion.

Comment

Comment

It's not harsh at all. You have documented every little problem at your clients and called them in all of them. There are two people in a negotiation and neither side really likes the sitaution but you come to a decision and live with it. You are not the only one that gets odd requests from their clients but it appears the huge majority on here get on with it, make a decision and stick with it. You don't you just come on and moan abour your client. Business is business, sometimes it sucks, sometimes you make it suck less but overall you deal with it professionally.

Wordpress do some excellent software if you want go blog about how bad your client is.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Potentially, it will really piss them off when I fail to turn up on Thursday but there we go.
            Yes, hopefully it will piss them off! Then maybe they will learn not to dick their contractors about.
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Comment

NLUK - hmmm.....

Yes, true enough. But I really don't know why you get so upset when people post stuff on here which you dont agree with or think they shouldn't post.

After all, no-ones forcing you to read every post on here. If someone posts something that you think is either:-

a. pointless
                b. stupid
                c. uninteresting

then just dont read it !!!! Or at least read it and then ignore the rest of the thread.

Its like complaining that something on TV is crap but not turning it off!!!!

p.s. Im still going to invite you out for a beer if I'm ever up in your neck of the woods - cos I reckon deep down you must be a nice guy ;-)
                I can moan for exactly the same reason someone feels they can do any of a, b or c.

We did have a long term poster that used to write about his employer on here and go found out. Don't know if he is still with them but obviously doesn't post anymore (under the original name at least).

A beer will go down perfectly. Am sure deep down you can actually make a decision which type of beer to buy without asking everyone in the pub before it closes

Comment

NLUK - hmmm.....

Yes, true enough. But I really don't know why you get so upset when people post stuff on here which you dont agree with or think they shouldn't post.
                  He has no experience in any of the things he goes on about, and when challenged on how often he has been audited or how many years experience being a contractor then these are questions that arent relevant and go unanswered.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    A beer will go down perfectly. Am sure deep down you can actually make a decision which type of beer to buy without asking everyone in the pub before it closes
                    An ice-cold crisp lager, none of that room temperature flat muck them Northern types seem to like by 'eck

Comment

Working...
                    X