• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client asks me to work past end date of contract - Are you serious?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by psychocandy; 2 November 2012, 10:22.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Last edited by psychocandy; 2 November 2012, 10:22.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        One month offered. No thanks.
        Why not? They could offer you three and then terminate after one.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

One month offered. No thanks.
          Are you sure you're cut out to be a contractor?

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
            Why not? They could offer you three and then terminate after one.
            Or they could get offer one month and terminate after 2 days

Comment

LOL. Of course they could. But accepting one month ties me in for the month.

Why accept a 1 month contract which will result in future dicking around when it means coughing up other good opportunities (more money, hopefully less dicking around) I've got on the go? A risk certainly but isnt that what contracting is about.

If you dont like the offer, reject it and move on to something else.

Comment

Why accept a 1 month contract which will result in future dicking around when it means coughing up other good opportunities (more money, hopefully less dicking around) I've got on the go? A risk certainly but isnt that what contracting is about.

If you dont like the offer, reject it and move on to something else.
                It just seems REALLY unlikely that you've managed to make that decision without another 7 page thread.

You've confused everyone now
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  It just seems REALLY unlikely that you've managed to make that decision without another 7 page thread.

You've confused everyone now
                  I think there is more psycho than candy !

Comment

Which brings you through until the start of December... nice little xmas break there.
                    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
                      Which brings you through until the start of December... nice little xmas break there.
                      Of course, there is that to consider. Better to get a month in before xmas and then only 4 weeks until hopefully it picks up in jan

One way of looking at it?...

Comment

Working...
                      X