• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muhammad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    If you are open-minded and ready to learn then go and do so. Plenty of documentaries, books and websites where you can do so.
    No need, I want you to tell me.

You see, I have a real life sunni muslim sat next to me, and he seems to agree with me, with a few variances e.g. some sunnis say shiites aren't real muslims, and some do. Shiites beat themselves, sunnis don't. They beat themselves as when the prophets nephew was left at a war and was killed - the shiites at the time felt guilty that they did wrong so they beat themselves as a form of honour. One of the prophets followers heard he lost a tooth, so he tore all his teeth out. They branched out once the prophet died, and interpret the quran differently, as do difeferent sects within the sects.

However, ostensibly, yes, there is one quran, and it's mainly down to their interpretation of it, that they differ.

That's straight from the lips of a sunni muslim

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post

You see, I have a real life sunni muslim sat next to me, and he seems to agree with me, with a few variances e.g. some sunnis say shiites aren't real muslims, and some do. Shiites beat themselves, sunnis don't. They beat themselves as when the prophets nephew was left at a war and was killed - the shiites at the time felt guilty that they did wrong so they beat themselves as a form of honour. One of the prophets followers heard he lost a tooth, so he tore all his teeth out. They branched out once the prophet died, and interpret the quran differently, as do difeferent sects within the sects.

However, ostensibly, yes, there is one quran, and it's mainly down to their interpretation of it, that they differ.

Perfect example of your ignorance.

Comment

Perfect example of your ignorance.
        You don't really read do you? That is 'straight from the lips of a sunni muslim'.

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
          Actually, isn't it the belief in there being only one god and that Muhammed was his final messenger?
          But as Muhammed's revelations were gathered together into the Quran and that is considered to be the word of God, then doesn't this book form the basis and the glue of what binds all of Islam together?
          When the prophet was alive, sunni and shiites didn't exist, they were simply muslims.

Comment

You don't really read do you? That is 'straight from the lips of a sunni muslim'.

Ah I see - so what one guy says (regardless of what faith he is) is representative of the truth and he must be right?

I guess if you go and ask a shia muslim, sufi muslim, christian, jew, athiest of what they are about then that will also be representative of all the followers of their respective religion.

Dumb ass

Edit: You are the perfect target for the media. Get some guy off the street with a hook and they will tell you all you need to know about a religion with 1.5 billion followers
            Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 19 September 2012, 11:11.

Comment

To add to that. There are about six references in the Quran regarding being rewarded and entertained with wine and only one reference to say that drunken behaviour is bad. The Imams then tell their followers not to drink because it shows Mohammad that his followers can do better that what he proclaimed. Just like any religion, it gets manipulated to reflect the prejudices and of the clergy
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

When the prophet was alive, sunni and shiites didn't exist, they were simply muslims.
                The time when none of them exist fast approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                  The time when none of them exist fast approaches.
                  Don't talk shiite!

Comment

Ah I see - so what one guy says (regardless of what faith he is) is representative of the truth and he must be right?

I guess if you go and ask a shia muslim, sufi muslim, christian, jew, athiest of what they are about then that will also be representative of all the followers of their respective religion.

Dumb ass

Edit: You are the perfect target for the media. Get some guy off the street with a hook and they will tell you all you need to know about a religion with 1.5 billion followers
                    So I am to listen to you, a rude prick, and not an educated sunni muslim, as to the history is islam, and how it is followed?

Sufism, jesus, some sufi's don't even consider themselves to be muslims, and most muslims don't consider sufis to be muslims. So no, they are not going to be following the quran, or are they, as some of the tenets of sufism including he teachings of the quran, the torah and the Gospels of Jesus. Talk about being abstract.

I have discussed shia and sunni muslims with an educated muslim, not some illeducated oik off the internet.

Comment

If you are open-minded ...
                      I've met many people who are so open-minded that their brains leaked out.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X