• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muhammad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Reading a holy book is never much of a guide to the realities of a religion, can't see anything in the new testiment to justify the Inquisition either. Some books have various versions, in some versions of the Haddiths a man is told to kill his unfaithful wife, in another just to separate.
    Also simply reading through is not going to give you a solid understanding... what you folks here would call a devout Christian might read through their bible about once a year for decades and continually find deeper understanding, similarly you can spend a year examining a single book or even a single chapter... how things fit together and reference each other, how a throwaway phrase might actually link to something else, etc.

I can only imagine the Koran is just the same... I suppose on a smaller scale consider Lord of the Rings or similar for what I'm getting at.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      And even more worrying, some of 'em have got functional nukes.
      Some of them being Pakistan - anybody who knows anything about Iran/Iranians know they have no intention (and would never) of nuking somebody.

Comment

And even more worrying, some of 'em have got functional nukes.
        As opposed to Saddam who only had fictional nukes.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          Some of them being Pakistan - anybody who knows anything about Iran/Iranians know they have no intention (and would never) of nuking somebody.
          Eh? Aren't they always threatening stuff like that?
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I knew an Iranian once. As he was a forklift driver in a food warehouse, I am sure he had no intention of nuking someone.

However, the actions of a state who have stated, quite clearly, that they intend to wipe the area clear of zionist oppressors, I can clearly, and objectively make a comment that I am not with you here. It's almost a paradigm for them, a clear statement of intent.

Listen to their religious leaders and made that statement again, unless you think they are all just having a laugh...
            Last edited by Old Hack; 18 September 2012, 13:46.

Comment

T'would be the last thing they did.

The "Zionist Oppressors" are rather well equipped with WMDs, all in all.

In the spirit of "Never Again", one can't really blame them.

But then, according to the eyeranians, that never happened, apparently.
              I don't think Muslim fundamentalists are really ofay with cause and effect, otherwise not as many would agree to take the fast train to nirvana as currently do.

I rule nothing out. I genuinely don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                I knew an Iranian once. As he was a forklift driver in a food warehouse, I am sure he had no intention of nuking someone.

However, the actions of a state who have stated, quite clearly, that they intend to wipe the area clear of zionist oppressors, I can clearly, and objectively make a comment that I am not with you here. It's almost a paradigm for them, a clear statement of intent.

Listen to their religious leaders and made that statement again, unless you think they are all just having a laugh...
                Shows how easily swayed you are by Propaganda. Why would they be a nuclear threat to Israel when it is forbidden (according to the supreme leader) to even have a Nuke?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Eh? Aren't they always threatening stuff like that?
                  Can you get a half accurate translation of any of that kind of sentiment?

I agree the way they play the political game is a bit silly at times but the media doesn't half twist the things they say.....

Comment

Shows how easily swayed you are by Propaganda. Why would they be a nuclear threat to Israel when it is forbidden (according to the supreme leader) to even have a Nuke?
                    Hahahahahaha, hahahahahahahahahaha,hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh, sorry, that was really good...

Thanks for that, I really enjoyed it, been a tough day for me.

Comment

Why would they be a nuclear threat to Israel when it is forbidden (according to the supreme leader) to even have a Nuke?
                      You really think publicly stated beliefs are some guarantee of something?

The old saw about learning from history comes to mind. Have a look at some of Hitler's reasonable and conciliatory speeches in the early days before he was confident of Germany military ability. People imagine appeasement was just about one meeting with Chamberlain but British appeasement had been going on for years regarding German rearmement. The French thought we were crazy for trusting him and they were right.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X