• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muhammad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    I have travelled that region and know a fair amount about what the people are like there. You are talking about a hierarchical religious system which is a lot more sophisticated and includes peer-review. A "spiritual leader" can not go out and say such a statement without backing it up with clear religious evidence. ...
    I thought Muslims were allowed to lie to infidels, if it was for the good of Islam.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I thought Muslims were allowed to lie to infidels, if it was for the good of Islam.
      Which Islam? The ones with or without the nukes?

It's all very confusing.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

In order to get five rulings on religious issues, ask four mullahs. There is no hierarchy in much of Islam - interpretation is left to the readers, some of whom aren't terribly well educated.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

In order to get five rulings on religious issues, ask four mullahs. There is no hierarchy in much of Islam - interpretation is left to the readers, some of whom aren't terribly well educated.
          Some of whom are skilled in the arts of manipulation. You forgot that bit.

Comment

Again depends which branch you talk about. You are talking about a large number of followers following a variety of different branches. They stretch from Malaysia all the way to Morocco, they speak a variety of different languages and follow a varied number of paths. It's even more vast and varied than the differences in Christianity.

It's this packaging of a religion and people which the media are trying to brainwash us with. There is no such thing as a package called "Islam" as much as there is a package called "Christianity".

Comment

Again depends which branch you talk about. You are talking about a large number of followers following a variety of different branches. They stretch from Malaysia all the way to Morocco, they speak a variety of different languages and follow a varied number of paths. It's even more vast and varied than the differences in Christianity.

It's this packaging of a religion and people which the media are trying to brainwash us with. There is no such thing as a package called "Islam" as much as there is a package called "Christianity".
              Oh my, you are funny aren't you.

What is the one thing that binds all of these muslims; what is the one thing that they have in common?

Now, what was just said?

If you can't think of an answer, think 'quran', and then think 'interpretation of being different'...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                Oh my, you are funny aren't you.

What is the one thing that binds all of these muslims; what is the one thing that they have in common?

Now, what was just said?

If you can't think of an answer, think 'quran', and then think 'interpretation of being different'...
                The fact you make out it as simple as that, shows just how ignorant you really are.

Comment

The fact you make out it as simple as that, shows just how ignorant you really are.
                  I'm all ears to be educated...

So you'd say the common link between all muslims wasn't the quran?

Comment

If you are open-minded and ready to learn then go and do so. Plenty of documentaries, books and websites where you can do so.

Comment

Actually, isn't it the belief in there being only one god and that Muhammed was his final messenger?
                      But as Muhammed's revelations were gathered together into the Quran and that is considered to be the word of God, then doesn't this book form the basis and the glue of what binds all of Islam together?

Comment

Working...
                      X