• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muhammad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KaiserWilly View Post
    Let's ban "The Life of Brian" and kill John Cleese then.
    Probably agree with the former. I don't advocate killing anybody (at least not without a fair trial )

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      ...Violent protests are somewhat ironic...
      Indeed. A muslim rioting and murdering because of an insult to Mohammed, is defaming Islam, and should therefore beat himself up.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I've read some, not all of the quran to get an understanding of islam.

I'm pretty sure that it said if you're enemies attack you kill them all, but it didn't , if someone takes the piss out of you, our offends you, then you have the right to kill them. In fact what it did say was that you should have understanding and pity for the non believers as they will all burn in hell.

I think its just become part of Muslim culture in certain parts of the world that it is ok to kill people who knock Islam. but had never been sanctioned by Mohammad or Allah.

maybe I'm wrong and a friendly Muslim will point me to the correct sura that says "win hearts and minds by killing those who offend you". or killing people who come from the country where a film was made that they probably didn't approve of either.
        Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg
          I didn't think you had either but then CM said there was some sort of truth behind the insinuations. Then we had a long-winded thread about it with OldHack claiming racism was understandable, dunno what happened after that.
          d000gh, I know you're a bit of a tard, but don't lie to get a rise son.

I said, if you have 100% experience of working with a group of people, and it's a negative experience, I find no reason having a negative view of working for them is racist.

I'd advise you not to play hard and fast with the racist tulip mate.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post

I'm pretty sure that it said if you're enemies attack you kill them all, but it didn't , if someone takes the piss out of you, our offends you, then you have the right to kill them. In fact what it did say was that you should have understanding and pity for the non believers as they will all burn in hell.

I think its just become part of Muslim culture in certain parts of the world that it is ok to kill people who knock Islam. but had never been sanctioned by Mohammad or Allah.

maybe I'm wrong and a friendly Muslim will point me to the correct sura that says "win hearts and minds by killing those who offend you". or killing people who come from the country where a film was made that they probably didn't approve of either.
            I think you must've read the Reader's Digest Condensed version.

Comment

I've read some, not all of the quran to get an understanding of islam
              Reading a holy book is never much of a guide to the realities of a religion, can't see anything in the new testiment to justify the Inquisition either. Some books have various versions, in some versions of the Haddiths a man is told to kill his unfaithful wife, in another just to separate.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

That is what I remember from reading the Koran some years ago. An Iman on the news stated that the “kill people who insult” was written by one of the intellectuals many years later.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

For what it is worth, I believe the Imam is the most important person in a devout muslims life, obviously after Mo. It's my understanding, that it all depends how you, or the imam interprets mo's words. Some of the statements in the qaran are ambiguous, so could be interpreted differently, by more/less radical Imams.

I have played cricket with a Pakistani who refused to eat at the same table as non believers (infidels were his words), and would not eat the food prepared for him, unless he, or a believer, prepared it. He was a Doctor, and a nice chap, but had his own defintion of Mo's word. Was ace when he was umpiring too, as he wouldn't give anything.

I also think an awful lot of muslims in the UK are lapsing, in my experience.

Comment

Very good point - I think you have to separate out the period where the prophet lived and the rest of "muslim" history. It is a very interesting history from what I have seen and Mohammed never forced anybody to come to Islam, nor did he ever harm others for insulting him. In fact many of those who killed his own family and relatives he ended up forgiving (and they themselves became muslims out of choice).

It seems culture has become intermingled with religion and bad arab/asian nature and customs (there are good and bad in every culture).

Their book seems to talk about forgiveness, being just, respecting neighbours, honouring humans. Yet a significant portion of them (albeit funded by billion of petro dollars) seem to be doing exactly the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                      Very good point - I think you have to separate out the period where the prophet lived and the rest of "muslim" history. It is a very interesting history from what I have seen and Mohammed never forced anybody to come to Islam, nor did he ever harm others for insulting him. In fact many of those who killed his own family and relatives he ended up forgiving (and they themselves became muslims out of choice).
                      Eh ?
                      Maybe at first it was all forgiveness and mercy, but as soon as he got some political power there were battles, conquest and beheadings galore....

Military career of Muhammad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Working...
                      X