• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muhammad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    In what sense is the video "professional"?
    I know it seems unlikely but 80 actors and crew were paid to make the product, funding was arranged for the venture and I would assume that the product will be sold on somewhere to someone.

It is more than a few kids filming the temple of doom in their back gardens.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Makes no difference. Arab countries seem to assume that in the Western world the state controls everything.
      That is what we are told but I think that is a load of mince, I am sure they are able to separate state from the individual.

Comment

One of the stars of the film (who appears to have been tricked) has written on Neil Gaiman's blog here
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          In what sense is the video "professional"?
          Someone spent about two million dollars on getting it aired for 24 hours on satellite
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            It is more than a few kids filming the temple of doom in their back gardens.
            Is this on urban dictionary yet?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Is this on urban dictionary yet?
              Raiders of the Lost Backyard | Vanity Fair

Comment

Tarantino made Reservoir Dogs with $1.2 million. This is worse than a school play.

Comment

Interesting thread and interesting topic.

I guess Muslims view the world differently to Christians - you just need to speak to them a little to understand how central the religion is to their lives. Whether you agree with that or not, you should at least respect it a little. Muslims would consider their Prophet more dear to them than their own family, so I think it is wise to refrain from insulting him openly (that is different to questioning and academic criticism btw).

Violent protests are somewhat ironic but bear in mind the people carrying them out are often just thugs and criminals anyway.....

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    ....so I think it is wise to refrain from insulting him openly (that is different to questioning and academic criticism btw).
                    Nope. Don't agree with that. I'll insult who I want, it's called free speech.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      One of the stars of the film (who appears to have been tricked) has written on Neil Gaiman's blog here
                      Wow, once they start knocking off the members of the cast this will make a fantastic script for a film.

It was the CIA wot done it! A conspiracy to foment riot and unrest!

Comment

Working...
                      X