• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muhammad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn those Crazy Frogs

BBC News - France in embassy alert over Prophet Muhammad cartoons
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
      So I am to listen to you, a rude prick, and not an educated sunni muslim, as to the history is islam, and how it is followed?

Sufism, jesus, some sufi's don't even consider themselves to be muslims, and most muslims don't consider sufis to be muslims. So no, they are not going to be following the quran, or are they, as some of the tenets of sufism including he teachings of the quran, the torah and the Gospels of Jesus. Talk about being abstract.

I have discussed shia and sunni muslims with an educated muslim, not some illeducated oik off the internet.
      I can't really respond to pure stupidity. Please yourself to believe whatever sh*t you are fed.

Comment

Does it say anywhere in the Qu'aan that you shouldn't make fun of Muhammad, or draw pictures of him? I never got that far. There's a general belief pushed out by the media that it seen as the ultimate insult to him, but is this just a cultural thing or an urban myth - that can make people kill? A bit like it's bad in western culture to fart at the dinner table despite their being no legal basis or christian teaching on which that is based. Obviously you don't get murdered for farting though, so creating an image of Mohummad must be pretty bad. Same question on headscarves - is this just blokes bossing women about and making sure other blokes don't get to fancy their women, or is it based on some teaching? If its the first it doesn't work anyway - I'm an eye man, I've seen plenty of girls covered head to toe and thought .... mmmmmn, yum yum, she has nice eyes.

If I write about Mohammad and you create a mental image of him, isn't that bad? Or even the writing. I find the problem with all religions is that once you start inspecting the rules like you would a technical specification, you find they are fall of holes and undermine themselves. Considering this work is meant to be sponsired by the supremem being, you think he would have asked for an updated review copy to be issued. Even Moses got given them a second time.

For those of you not familiar with Islam - Moses and Jesus are not the enemy of Muslims. They were earlier prophets that were given rules relevant to their time. Mohammd is meant to be the final prophet with the final set of rules. A lot more details like how to divide your estate upon death, but even that gets in a mess given certain family demographics. You can end up having to give away more than 100% of your estate - and thats even before HMRC come and take a look. Note to self - invetigate does being a UK muslim mean you get to avoid inheritance tax as the their faith already has rules on how to divide it - my guess is not!
        Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          I can't really respond to pure stupidity. Please yourself to believe whatever sh*t you are fed.
          This is almost comically dumb.

I post the remarks from an educated , devout, Sunni muslim, who discusses religion (all religions please note) with me daily, as I am interested in the subject, yet it is me being dumb, not some young nerd starting out in IT?

Interesting. You see, mostly, when people post something like this, as ad hominem as it gets, one realises quickly that they've dropped out of their comfort zone.

Comment

This is almost comically dumb.

I post the remarks from an educated , devout, Sunni muslim, who discusses religion (all religions please note) with me daily, as I am interested in the subject, yet it is me being dumb, not some young it nerd starting out in IT?

Interesting. You see, mostly, when people post something like this, as ad hominem as it gets, one realises quickly that they've dropped out of their comfort zone.
            The way you keep insisting that some random guy at some random place is a valid source just shows how stupid you are. Let's dissect what you said previously:

You see, I have a real life sunni muslim sat next to me, and he seems to agree with me, with a few variances e.g. some sunnis say shiites aren't real muslims, and some do. Shiites beat themselves, sunnis don't. They beat themselves as when the prophets nephew was left at a war and was killed - the shiites at the time felt guilty that they did wrong so they beat themselves as a form of honour. One of the prophets followers heard he lost a tooth, so he tore all his teeth out. They branched out once the prophet died, and interpret the quran differently, as do difeferent sects within the sects.

However, ostensibly, yes, there is one quran, and it's mainly down to their interpretation of it, that they differ.

That's straight from the lips of a sunni muslim
            I have highlighted a bit which is complete and utter SH*TE to show that you are a dumb ass who believes any SH*T they are fed.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Oh Dear(tm).

Heads may roll over this.
              Nah, let them eat cake.

Comment

The way you keep insisting that some random guy at some random place is a valid source just shows how stupid you are. Let's dissect what you said previously:

I have highlighted a bit which is complete and utter SH*TE to show that you are a dumb ass who believes any SH*T they are fed.
                Random bloke? A colleague for the past 14 months?

You see, that's just nonsense, like your rant.

OK,

Which branch of Islam 'take matam'? What is Matam? Now, there's no reference to taking matam in the quran, yet the Shiites do it.

I forgot to add what my erstwhile colleague said:

The shiites didn't take matam because of the death of Imam Hussain (look i tup), it's done because of the pain they are believed to have suffered to save Islam
                Last edited by Old Hack; 19 September 2012, 12:41.

Comment

Random bloke? A colleague for the past 14 months?

You see, that's just nonsense, like your rant.

OK,

Which branch of Islam 'take matam'? What is Matam? Now, there's no reference to taking matam in the quran, yet the Shiites do it.

Did you read my post or not? Did you read the part I put in bold? If so perhaps you can go and educate yourself?

Edit: whether you know him for 14 months or 14 years means jack all to anybody. They are random in the grand scheme of things and their opinion means absolutely nothing.
                  Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 19 September 2012, 12:47. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Did you read my post or not? Did you read the part I put in bold? If so perhaps you can go and educate yourself?
                    Yes, I did, and it's not bulltulip, its a quote from my colleague:

He said matam is also taken over the martydrom of Imam Hussain (the prophets nephew I believe) and his companions. Matam is just a manifestation of the utter grief that is felt for the people who've died saving islam, and it's why you see people beating themselves in the head when their children have been killed on TV, and women hitting themselves.

I know very well what I typed and it's damn straight factual you knobrot

Comment

Yes, I did, and it's not bulltulip, its a quote from my colleague:

He said matam is also taken over the martydrom of Imam Hussain (the prophets nephew I believe) and his companions. Matam is just a manifestation of the utter grief that is felt for the people who've died saving islam, and it's why you see people beating themselves in the head when their children have been killed on TV, and women hitting themselves.

I know very well what I typed and it's damn straight factual you knobrot
                      Ok so let's highlight it again for all to see:

They beat themselves as when the prophets nephew was left at a war and was killed - the shiites at the time felt guilty that they did wrong so they beat themselves as a form of honour.

Great golden source of knowledge you have. Also a great example to show how people easily believe what they are told rather than going to find out for themselves (lazy b******s).

Comment

Working...
                      X