• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Bannings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    no. he hated the japs.
    all japs.
    So did my grandfather for the same reasons.

He wouldn't have anything Japanese in the house....

He convinced himself that there would be a Jap hiding in the box of any japanese TV he bought waiting to leap out and skewer him.

Wouldn't let my old granny watch Tenko either.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      It was interesting during the Olympics they did a piece on why Black athletes are so dominant at the short distance sprinting and it's to do with the length of their leg in proportion to their torso, long legs short torso whereas Anglo Saxon genetical make up was different and more suited to swimming. I think that was how it was portrayed, I'm going to do some googling and see if I can find the study.
      Yeah, it's to do with the C of G I believe.

Another reason you don't see a lot of black swimmers is that in the US black people don't really swim, which is primarily cultural. Their grandparents didn't swim cos they weren't allowed in the pool, so very few african americans know how to swim or take their kids swimming.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Trust your instinct. I've taken the time to look at the threads which people refer to where she 'acts up' and there's nothing there.
        Same here, unless there's a thread I missed somewhere.
        You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

You can label it how you want, but I am not the same as a Spaniard, an Egyptian, an Arab, A Jew, whatever. The reason for that is I have been brought up in a British, Protestant culture and if you really don't think that shapes my outlook and the way I look at the world then you're blinkered.
          You do't realise that was the exact same thing I've been saying?
          That it depends if you dislike an Arab because they have Arabic upbringing, or because you think being of Arabic race affects how they will turn out. The latter only is racism IMO.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            Kind of looks different now, no?
            Depends if "is bad to work for" is an unpleasant characteristic. I think it isn't.

But, if you were trying to defend Spod's original comment, that's not what he said.

I think where we digress is that I was not trying to show that Spod is or is not anti-Semitic, I was making a more general point that characterising a group with an unpleasant trait is XXXist. Forget Spod, if you can for just one moment.

Comment

Black people dont swim well because the African crocodile can swim at 15 mph, whereas the Australian 'esturine' salty can only mange 6 mph.

and there is a racial reason why scousers are good at the 100m hurdles, but I'll save that for another day

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                I think where we digress is that I was not trying to show that Spod is or is not anti-Semitic, I was making a more general point that characterising a group with an unpleasant trait is XXXist. Forget Spod, if you can for just one moment.
                How about pleasant characteristics, or those where desirability is in the eye of the beholder?
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

It was interesting during the Olympics they did a piece on why Black athletes are so dominant at the short distance sprinting and it's to do with the length of their leg in proportion to their torso, long legs short torso whereas Anglo Saxon genetical make up was different and more suited to swimming. I think that was how it was portrayed, I'm going to do some googling and see if I can find the study.
                  I remember it, in the end though the conclusion was there really is no genetic reason an individual Anglo Saxon could not run just as fast. The implication was that cultural and socio-economic differences have more influence.

How you judge others is not a matter for thought policing, although in my opinion prejudicial thinking of any kind indicates a weak intelligence; relying on past experience of label x when dealing with individuals of label x is unfair to them and in some respects unfair to yourself. But it is only human nature I guess - although most likely nurture, when you examine studies of how children of different races interact.

Again, how you think about people is one thing, how you treat them is another.
                  Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

It's an opinion rather than an argument. One that you clearly disagree with vehemently.

But I still maintain that saying "XXX group is <some unsavoury characteristic>" is a generalisation that is XXXist.

I once worked for an IT consultancy and the owners were british born Indians. They had a brainwave once that they could reduce their wage bill by importing labour from India. So around 10 guys were interviewed in Mumbai and bought over here and housed in some flat or something.

I have to say, I was surprised to see how the owners treated them 'slave' labour. We all assumed they would get preferential treatment but instead they caused the utmost grief to the poor guys. Wages were not paid in Bacs but cheques given 10 -12 days late. Some guys borrowed money from us for food etc. They were not invited to staff parties. Pay hikes were not given to them but to other staff. They were made to be on call on weekends and not compensated when others in the company was. One guys was threatened that he would be put on a plane back for wanting a week off.

Most Indians went back to India but before going they said they hated working for Indians.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Depends if "is bad to work for" is an unpleasant characteristic. I think it isn't.

But, if you were trying to defend Spod's original comment, that's not what he said.

I think Spods original comment was, I have worked for a jewish organisation and they were tulip to work for, if they got anything wrong, they would shout Holocaust and wouldn't take any responsibility themselves, and that is paraphrasing.

Look, I think you know Spod and I do not see eye to eye exactly, and I am loathe to defend him, but I don't think, on this point, he was being racist, or anti semitic. I have seen other comments he has made and raised an eyebrow, but not here and I don't think it fair to be giving him the labels people are, for this. I may not like him, but I am keen to be fair.

Comment

Working...
                      X