• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Bannings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel uncomfortable seeing all these comments about spod when he is not here to defend himself.

Though as he gave me -ve rep for my birthday I am sure I will get over it!

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      Most Indians went back to India but before going they said they hated working for Indians.
      I'm not very well versed in this, but I believe that the Indian caste system is still going strong, and that inter-caste hatreds are rife.

e.g. this old article from 2007 (I doubt much as changed since)
      Caste system still blighting India - Telegraph

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        Look, I think you know Spod and I do not see eye to eye exactly, and I am loathe to defend him ..... I may not like him
        Interesting, but I really had formed quite the opposite impression!

Yes, I'm sure if I go back and read all your posts etc. I'll be proved wrong. It was just an impression is all.

Comment

We geberalize because it's more efficient, and in the past probably safer, than not generalizing. The human brain is set up to look for patterns abd often finds them where none exist. Unfortunately the world around us is moving on much more quickly than we can evolve and we get the occasional undesirable throwback.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            I think Spods original comment was, I have worked for a jewish organisation and they were tulip to work for, if they got anything wrong, they would shout Holocaust and wouldn't take any responsibility themselves, and that is paraphrasing.

Look, I think you know Spod and I do not see eye to eye exactly, and I am loathe to defend him, but I don't think, on this point, he was being racist, or anti semitic. I have seen other comments he has made and raised an eyebrow, but not here and I don't think it fair to be giving him the labels people are, for this. I may not like him, but I am keen to be fair.
            But do you draw any general conclusions about Jewish people in the way that spod does?
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
              But do you draw any general conclusions about Jewish people in the way that spod does?
              Buzz off!
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I think the more relevant question is, what do you call the corner shop owner who comes from pakistani origin.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

They don't like foreskins.
                  "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    How about pleasant characteristics, or those where desirability is in the eye of the beholder?
                    Dunno. "Those Kiwis, eh, they smell SO nice and are such LOVELY people" sounds ok.

"Those Aryans, eh, they have such blonde hair and are SO much better than everyone else" is less so.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      I think the more relevant question is, what do you call the corner shop owner who comes from pakistani origin.
                      Dave.

Comment

Working...
                      X