• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freak Weather due to Ice Caps melting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Indeed and the weather features prominently in the bible, as a way by which God punishes the sins of man via freak weather. Have things changed, have we moved on from Witch Doctors or priests trying to control society via the threat of bad weather.
    Maybe we are being punished for the way we are and the way society is going? For those of us with faith just something to ponder on.....

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      Maybe we are being punished for the way we are and the way society is going? For those of us with faith just something to ponder on.....
      are you saying that the eco-zealots, water melons, shonkey statistics and dodgy models are a punishment from God ?

it's worth considering

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I have never before read such a croc of tulip in my life.

Comment

There is absolutely no doubt that UK weather patterns are shifting, I was having a look at the local weather data for the last 50 years the other day and 200mm rainfall months which were fairly rare are now happening pretty often.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            There is absolutely no doubt that UK weather patterns are shifting, I was having a look at the local weather data for the last 50 years the other day and 200mm rainfall months which were fairly rare are now happening pretty often.
            Aw man, BlasterBates is going to go into meltdown over this. Don't try and bring fact into his argument, he'll go all mental on you.

Comment

Well one theory for global warming was increased rainful due to more water vapour rising to the clouds.... So places that were hot get hotter (look at the mid east for example) and places which are wetter will get wetter (bloody hell have we got it coming now).

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                Oh, do keep up... but imagine 2 dice loaded to roll sixes. You could not prove that any particular six was a consequence of the loading, any more than you could attribute an individual storm to climate change. But just as loaded dice throw more sixes ...

..... frankly embarrasing BOLLOCKS appearing here.

I hope.
                Imagine someone gave you 2 dice and told you they were loaded to roll sixes.
                Imagine that you dont take there word for it, because every six you roll will cost a fortune to remove the loading, and put money in their pocket.
                So you roll the dice and note the proportion of sixes. It's one in six.
                There doesnt appear to be any loading at all.
                'Ah yes' they say, 'The loading wont become apparent until 100 years after you are dead. But you must cough up now'

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                  Well one theory for global warming was increased rainful due to more water vapour rising to the clouds.... So places that were hot get hotter (look at the mid east for example) and places which are wetter will get wetter (bloody hell have we got it coming now).
                  Climate change means just this. SOme scientists were convinced it would mean colder winters, warmer summers, some wetter summers, dryer milder winters.

The truth is, we don't know what is truly going to happen, other than the fact something is happening. I think you can model your heart out, but as it is a newish phenomenon, I think we're learning as we go, and ti is becomming a bumpy ride. We used to have events once every now and again, but now it appears we're simply in a constant state of event, somewhere. Whilst we never used to hear of anything years ago, we still had, and have, statisitical evidence.

Things are changing.

Comment

The climate has always changed. and it always will.

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      Imagine someone gave you 2 dice and told you they were loaded to roll sixes.
                      Imagine that you dont take there word for it, because every six you roll will cost a fortune to remove the loading, and put money in their pocket.
                      So you roll the dice and note the proportion of sixes. It's one in six.
                      There doesnt appear to be any loading at all.
                      'Ah yes' they say, 'The loading wont become apparent until 100 years after you are dead. But you must cough up now'

Utter, utter, bilge.
                      HTH
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X