• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freak Weather due to Ice Caps melting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No wind?
    Oh yes I forgot Dp's guff.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I can help there; I think they melt because of the temperature of their surroundings.
      So this means that its warmer at the ice caps so should I book my holiday for those areas?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        So this means that its warmer at the ice caps so should I book my holiday for those areas?
        Nearly, but not quite.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I do wish people would stop talking in terms of the UK - the worlds bigger than the UK and the clue is in the world GLOBAL.

Regarding the ice caps melting, yes they've always done so, its a natural summer thing (with the polar bears coming down on the icebergs )

The issue is that year on year, when they are freezing the line is receeding.

please excuse typos, im hammering this on my phone during a meeting.

Comment

I think you'll also find the educated amongst us actually call it climate change, not global warming.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              I think you'll also find the educated amongst us actually call it climate change, not global warming.
              The two are intertwined.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                The two are intertwined.
                One term is favoured by proper scientists, the other by the not so proper.

Comment

What SasGoru has not explained is how an ice cap at -40c will suddenly decide to melt when the temperature rockets to -38c.

It's not just freak weather that gets blamed on that poisonous gas CO2, take a look at this

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Charlie Brooker's tweet sums it up:

Talk about ******* climate change. The climate's changed about 200 times this afternoon
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I hope it is freak weather, otherwise the British weather is going to be really tulip. Cold wet summers and even colder winters. Most people have jackets on this evening, and not because it's raining. In mid summer.

Comment

Working...
                      X