• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England vs Ukraine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    England are poor, they beat Sweden with a lucky goal, I reckon Ukraine will beat them fairly comfortably, Rooney will be sent off after getting frustrated because he can't score on the big stage. 2-1 to Ukraine, Hodgson sacked. Obviously English fans won't see it this way, they think they are the best and delude themselves despite the blatant evidence.
    Haven't you been watching the football? It's been on most evenings.

Comment

England drew with France and France beat Ukraine 2-0 IIRC. I would agree England not scoring seems unlikely, but UKR do have a huge crowd support and this is potentially their swansong in their own tournament so it will hopefully be a fun game... I couldn't GAS who wins really so would rather see 4-3 to UKR than 1-0 to ENG.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Haven't you been watching the football? It's been on most evenings.
        Yeah, and England were one of the poorest teams, until they got a few lucky goals at the end they looked like going out. Now they are best team in the world, Wellbeck is the new Pele because the ball bounced off his leg.

Comment

we seem to be better now they have have got rid of some of the old school players, i realy don't see what rooney can do that they are not already doing and i don't remember him being any good in any big tournament i say keep the team as is and see what happens

I did see on a sports website they had Gerrard has man of the match for the sweden game which is quite bizzare as apart from doing his usual he did nothing out of the ordinary to warrant it.

as others have said once we start giving it the big we can win speech we are doomed

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            The problem with Ukraine is they will be mighty motivated for all this.
            Bit like Poland then, eh? Home crowd and all that, eh?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
              I did see on a sports website they had Gerrard has man of the match for the sweden game which is quite bizzare as apart from doing his usual he did nothing out of the ordinary to warrant it.
              I think he deserved it on the cross for Carroll's header

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Incidentally, the England squad have started yapping off, which always comes back to bite them. Things like players saying they can win the tournament, and the manager comparing Rooney to Pele.

They should keep it low key with minimal expectations, it has worked for them so far.
                There's no point in being there if you don't believe you can win it, England are on the brink of the quarter finals and they've yet to play their strongest side.

Ever the optimist.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Rooney will be sent off after getting frustrated because his knuckles keep dragging on the ground
                  FTFY

Comment

We'll win the match but we'll get mullered outside the ground. :nazi:

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Yeah, and England were one of the poorest teams, until they got a few lucky goals at the end they looked like going out. Now they are best team in the world, Wellbeck is the new Pele because the ball bounced off his leg.
                      Far be it for me to big up England but that last goal was the best of the tournament so far and Wellbeck's flick was pure class of a type we're not used to seeing from English players.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X