• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A little bit harsh ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirty tax hiding offshoring retrospective thief.

I hope he's raped in prison every day of his sentence by the other inmates who know what he did.

Hangings to good.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Reads like this was evasion to some extent.

Anyhow, there must be hundreds of contractors just like this one, or at least those in a really dodgy backstreet offshore scheme. I knew of dozens of City contractors who were (are) in some Bermuda or other offshore scheme, some getting back as much as 95% of their invoiced revenue! It's only a matter of time before HMRC simply walk into some of these City institutions and frog-march the contractors out.

Comment

The unanswered question is whether HMRC will be able to get the unpaid tax out of the overseas assets.

Comment

From what I understand, this guy is guilty of following the rules and the law, and not taking into acount that the rules and the law might be changed retrospectively.

Most of us were a bit more cautious and terrified that it was too good to be true, and so we steered clear. Looks like the bold ones will be dodging the soap in the showers for a few years

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Interesting. £600k and you get jailed. £50m and you get your knuckles rapped and I'm looking at you, Rangers FC...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              From what I understand, this guy is guilty of following the rules and the law, and not taking into acount that the rules and the law might be changed retrospectively.

Most of us were a bit more cautious and terrified that it was too good to be true, and so we steered clear. Looks like the bold ones will be dodging the soap in the showers for a few years

La la la. fingers in ears. La la la is not a defence.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Interesting. £600k and you get jailed. £50m and you get your knuckles rapped and I'm looking at you, Rangers FC...
                Owe £6bn, only fork out 20% and case closed. Vodafone: Making the most of now.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  La la la. fingers in ears. La la la is not a defence.
                  Oh well, just keep your thumb up your bum then, maybe it will all work out for you

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Owe £6bn, only fork out 20% and case closed. Vodafone: Making the most of now.
                    On the other hand, you do have to have lunch with the chief hector.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      On the other hand, you do have to have lunch with the chief hector.
                      and employ him or the consultancy he moves to once he retires from the HMRC
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X