• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things you have discover that nobody else seems aware of

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When eating a fried egg sandwich place an extra slice of buttered bread on the plate. This will catch the escaping yolk from the sandwich and leave you with an extra sandwich afterwards.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

If you wake up in the middle of the night and can hear snoring it's possible that someone may have mistakenly got in your bed.

This happened to me once in a run down bed sit, where the previous occupant "came home".
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        When having found a cheap deal via a comparison site, check what the direct price is, going direct may be cheaper and offer better "options" in terms of delivery and/or payment
        Dunno if this one still works, but if you need a hotel in Heathrow for an early flight next morning, go to the arrivals hall and book one there. They'll charge you a few quid which is deductable from the hotel bill, and they'll give a good price.

The last time I did this was many years ago, but I could usually get a double room with breakfast thrown in for a lower price than a plain single room without breakfast booked in any other way.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

'Knight in shining armour' was a serious insult in 15c as telling a knight he was one was implying he was a coward who never actually fought (hence his armour was still shiny).
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            When eating a fried egg sandwich place an extra slice of buttered bread on the plate. This will catch the escaping yolk from the sandwich and leave you with an extra sandwich afterwards.
            POTD!!!

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Sometimes, getting a lid off can be impossible.

If its a small lid, wrap it in a rubber glove, or similar, then put it in the door near a hinge. get someone to close the door over, till the lid is gripped, then twist the body.

If it is a big lid, get a wooden spoon or similar, and stab the end of the handle down hard on the middle of the lid. it should loosen it enough for you to open the thing

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                Sometimes, getting a lid off can be impossible.

If its a small lid, wrap it in a rubber glove, or similar, then put it in the door near a hinge. get someone to close the door over, till the lid is gripped, then twist the body.

If it is a big lid, get a wooden spoon or similar, and stab the end of the handle down hard on the middle of the lid. it should loosen it enough for you to open the thing

Or just get somebody a little stronger to do it for you!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Sometimes, getting a lid off can be impossible, and there is no-one stronger than you are around.

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

What kind of lid? The last lid I opened was on Golden Syrup when I was nipper and that flipped off.

Comment

Just tapping the kid on the outside loosens it too. Hot water works well as well.

Personally, I get the wife to do it*

*But not to play with me. Vice like grip not good for nads

Comment

Working...
                      X