• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attitude of people on low pay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Do you know what I got told off by someone for suggesting this. But I think you're right.
    Yeah thats just my diplomatic immunity - I seem to struggle to p*ss anyone of on here!

Comment

4th/5th cleaner (I lose count) now sacked.

The old webcam thing. Came home yesterday, stuff not done - explanation = I ran out of time.

OK. Web cam says you turned up at 12-20pm (supposed to be there at 10am). At 12-52 pm, the webcam was inadvertently turned around (its in full view on the windowsill) to face the wall. Clever one that.

Unfortunately, for cleaner anyway, dear wife was home at 1-30pm.

Im beginning to think that she did a quick vacuum and 12-52pm was when she turned the camera (which she must have seen I guess) around to cover her tracks (easy excuse - I moved it to dust) and left the house.

Do these people not want jobs????
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

No, they would rather claim JSA than stay employed by a company...
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

NLUK - the offer still stands if you fancy the gig as naked cleaner for me.

Comment

Do these people not want jobs????
            I have a cleaner she does 1 day a week just so the house is tidy for the weekend. She also cleans the father in laws house, he has dementia so takes the burden off the missus a little. She is great with him and involves him in helping out.

She also works in a call centre 4 days a week but does a full 35 hours.

She also seems to look after her dad and brother and seems to spend most of the cleaning wages on relatives kids presents and taking them out.

Low paid and a damned hard worker. We found her through a friend not an agency. So there are low paid people out there who want jobs and work hard.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              I have a cleaner she does 1 day a week just so the house is tidy for the weekend. She also cleans the father in laws house, he has dementia so takes the burden off the missus a little. She is great with him and involves him in helping out.

She also works in a call centre 4 days a week but does a full 35 hours.

She also seems to look after her dad and brother and seems to spend most of the cleaning wages on relatives kids presents and taking them out.

Low paid and a damned hard worker. We found her through a friend not an agency. So there are low paid people out there who want jobs and work hard.
              Unfortunately, in my experience, they are the exception rather than the rule Im afraid.
              Well done for finding one - they are indeed rare.

Comment

Unfortunately, in my experience, they are the exception rather than the rule Im afraid.
                Well done for finding one - they are indeed rare.
                over the past 15 years we have had 3 cleaners. 2 were /are brilliant and 1 lasted a month...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

NLUK - the offer still stands if you fancy the gig as naked cleaner for me.
                  now we know why you have a high turnover in cleaners, you & Kent Phillip are all the same.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Really lucky with mine: ~5 years.

X2 a week including ironing, mending clothes, changes sheets and puts shopping delivery away, if I have been on hols she will unpack and put everything away and helped me move flats twice, if I could afford I'd move her in!

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                      Really lucky with mine: ~5 years.

X2 a week including ironing, mending clothes, changes sheets and puts shopping delivery away, if I have been on hols she will unpack and put everything away and helped me move flats twice, if I could afford I'd move her in!
                      Real contractors just buy new every week.

Comment

Working...
                      X