• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attitude of people on low pay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well we used to pay ours £7.50 per hour

she was okay but....... would rather sit n chat about her hard luck stories than clean so we decided to clean the house ourselves.

but my experience, not specifically of cleaners but of many, many people who are doing unskilled/maual labour is that a job is something to go to if you cannot think of anything better to do that day or if you need the money

rightly or wrongly this fact that they may be 'letting' someone down or 'breaking' a commitment really does not even come into it

Comment

We never had problems with reliability of cleaners, they've mostly been older ladies with a traditional northern work-ethic from before everyone up here went on the dole full-time

However we had two cleaners stop working due to health reasons and one whole we caught stealing from us so getting someone hasn't been easy. Right now we have a friend doing it, looking to make some money alongside her studies.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I have a British cleaner who sets her own pay rates and therefore is happy with her remuneration - a bit like co-op bank directors et al.

She's very reliable and does a great job.

Comment

We recently hired a cleaner who came recommended from a cousin over in the next town. The cleaner is a lovely girl, 20 years old who has been in the country only 4 years or so but yet speaks almost fluent English. She's studying for a Childcare qualification and cleans homes on the side for a couple of days a week.

A real sad story because her dad passed away and then her mother brought the kids (this cleaner and her brother) over to the UK. A year later the mother left the kids and ran off with some bloke. The poor kids now live in a hostel and have social workers guiding them, but it makes me proud of them to think that they are picking themselves up, working to earn a little on the side and studying for a better life. And she does a great job too, doesn't complain just gets on with it, grateful for the job and happy with whatever she is paid.

And she's so timid, shy, I guess due to the difficult circumstances life has thrown at her. The kind of girl one dreams of saving and offering a better life to

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
            And she's so timid, I guess due to the difficult circumstances life has thrown at her. The kind of girl one dreams of saving and offering a better life to
            Careful there.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Careful there.
              doing a 'KentPhilip'?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                doing a 'KentPhilip'?
                Indirectly... "rescue and offer a better life" sounds dangerous close to "get in a relationship with".

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  You do however live in benefit junkieville Wales.... So those high expectations are your own fault...
                  True. Easier to claim benefoits that actually do any work.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    I am on low pay and am offended you tar us all with the same brush.....
                    NLUK - next time your on the bench I promise to give you the job if you do it naked.

Comment

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
                      Have you thought of getting your wife/gf to do the cleaning ???
                      Normally I would hit her with a big stick but she has been ill.

Comment

Working...
                      X